Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a peugeot 307 hdi dturbo. im concerned that it is not returning the mpg that i was expecting. currently it returns about 33 mpg and i was expecting more like 45. can anyone tell me if this is normal or is there something wrong?

also i have had my car recently serviced but when i power it up a hill a message saying unblock diesel filter appers with the engine mangment sign. i have replaced the fuel filter during the service. so is the diesel filter something different to this?

·
Registered
862 Posts
ouzair said:
hi i have a peugeot 307 hdi dturbo. im concerned that it is not returning the mpg that i was expecting. currently it returns about 33 mpg and i was expecting more like 45. can anyone tell me if this is normal or is there something wrong?

also i have had my car recently serviced but when i power it up a hill a message saying unblock diesel filter appers with the engine mangment sign. i have replaced the fuel filter during the service. so is the diesel filter something different to this?
The F.A.P (particulate filter) needs either regenerating or replacement due to being saturated with cerine.
You should not get a build up of the cerine fluid in the filter unless the system is over supplying same to the fuel tank (which does sometimes happen).
you should be getting more mpg,possibly when the car is running as it should be and depending on how heavy your fight foot is,then the mpg should improve. Hope some of this is of help and welcome to the forum. :thumb:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have had the additive filled up by a garage, it cost me£160 for parts and labour inc. vat. it took 4 litres so i guess it was really empty. its only been 3 days yet but the message unblock diesel filter has appeared once since. the mechanic told me that the ecu has been set. is this normal and does it take time for the effects of the additive to take place? the trip computer is still only showing approx 34 mpg and that is driving conservatively. when i had the diagnostic done the fuel additive level was the only thing that appeared!!

·
Registered
862 Posts
ouzair said:
i have had the additive filled up by a garage, it cost me£160 for parts and labour inc. vat. it took 4 litres so i guess it was really empty. its only been 3 days yet but the message unblock diesel filter has appeared once since. the mechanic told me that the ecu has been set. is this normal and does it take time for the effects of the additive to take place? the trip computer is still only showing approx 34 mpg and that is driving conservatively. when i had the diagnostic done the fuel additive level was the only thing that appeared!!

According to Parkers figures, the HDI engine should offer (54-57 MPG compared to 42) so I'd say you've either got a faulty gauge, a fuel leak (which you'd know about), or something's wrong with your engine / right foot

Have you replaced the diesel filter,chacked the fuel lines etc?

Top gear magazine only managed to average 40 mpg while peugeot claim 54 thats a shortfall of 25%.

Just a thought but are your tyres at the right pressure?

sorry cant be of more help if the ecu has been set and the fap filter cleaned out?????????

1 - 4 of 4 Posts