Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put about 2 gallon petrol in my 308 1.6hdi today, there was already about that much diesel already in tank. I hadn't realised at this time my mistake. I drove about 30 miles then travelled back again 2hrs later. Car took 3 attempts to start but no problem and drove home absolutely fine. I had lunch and went to drive car again a a couple attempts to start but if did, reversed down drive and it cut out. Car refused to restart. Used battery and starter motor to move car back onto drive but battery went totally flat. It was only then that I suddenly realised why car had cut out and checked on fuel receipt that I had put petrol in. I opened bonnet to jump car from my van but could not find bet terminal so tried taking things apart including positive terminal. After internet research put negative jump lead onto engine mount but car wouldn't attempt to restart. Call s misfuel company to drain tank and fuel line, put in fresh diesel and restart car but we couldn't get car to turn over and noticed economy mode. Engineer left telling me to disconnect battery and charge. This I did and reconnect but still engine won't turn over and economy mode still being shown. Can anyone help.

·
3,168 Posts
Hi...dont worry about economy mode just yet...you need to fully recharge the battery ie overnight,and refit and try and start..you may have even overloaded the starter motor blowing a main fuse or even the starter...but start with a good charged battery.....

ps welcome to the forum...post and intro in the correct sub forum....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts