Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

This morning was -7 and i my gear lever froze movement was very limited, it would move back and forth but not side to side have not had any stiff gear changes has anyone else had this i didnt think gear levers could freeze

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi All

This morning was -7 and i my gear lever froze movement was very limited, it would move back and forth but not side to side have not had any stiff gear changes has anyone else had this i didnt think gear levers could freeze
I am having problems the same as above :-( anybody have any ideas/solutions ?

Cheers
paul

·
Registered
580 Posts
dont know the bipper but is it cable from the stick to the gearbox? if so i would say that somewhere the outer cover is damaged and water has got inside the cable and then it freezzes. our hand brake does the same thing. only real cure is a new cable

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have had this in the past. I have now sprayed white grease on the bottom of the lever and linkage. I have got a can which is good to -10 made a big difference. Got it from eBay only £5 . Used it in the wife's polo too.

·
Registered
14,530 Posts
As stated it is usually water getting into the cables or onto linkage that causes this and oiling the cables and linkage will cure it

Just like frozen door locks pouring boiling water on them or using deicer thaws them but next morning they are frozen again fill them with oil and they no longer freeze.

·
11,766 Posts
A good idea with locks is to use them with the key once a week or two. I've had my current 307 18 months and always use the remote.

But if that fails, sods law says it will fail when you're a thousand miles from home during the worst ice rain storm for 100 years. Then you find the lock won't move because its never been maintained!

·
Registered
580 Posts
A good idea with locks is to use them with the key once a week or two. I've had my current 307 18 months and always use the remote.

But if that fails, sods law says it will fail when you're a thousand miles from home during the worst ice rain storm for 100 years. Then you find the lock won't move because its never been maintained!
had my current 307 3 years and dont think i have ever used the locks. not to worried as its up for sale so soon wont be my problem but will check the new 206 when i pick it up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts