Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Peugeot 207 GT 1.6hdi, also 2008 Peugeot 308 Sport 1.6hdi
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having dpf and egr problems, in the car I recently bought, I put a new dpf in but there was no cat in the pipe

this meant unburnt fuel wasnt getting treated before it got to the dpf

egr was slow to close on throttle, the mechanical part was free and I put in a new motor off a new unit

car was using more fuel than it should, and then the new dpf blocked after perhaps 350 miles of light use

so I have binned the entire dpf system, I could have bought a decat/dedpf pipe but I was wanting to keep a proper cat at the very least, but instead I bought a cat only pipe off a berlingo, same fitment to turbo outlet and exhaust pipe and mounting bracket in the middle.

here is my replacement cat only pipe onl the left, and old cat(nocatinit)/dpf [which seems longer, but dpf wasnt fully fitted up as I had to seperate them to get out from underneath the car]

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Automotive fuel system

stage 1 complete, running better already

then the other day I blanked the egr

with maf now connected back up, WOW the fuel use is amazing and what a strong runner

just awaiting a guy arriving tomorrow to map the components out of the system, also gone are the differential pressure sensor, and exhaust temp sensor

oh yes, I asked my mot centre, it will be fine as its just a smoke test they do.

and does it smoke? when revved hard? no it doesnt. does my exhaust smell like unburned diesel anymore? no it doesnt. is engine running smooth and eager to pick up? hell yes!

this mod is frowned upon, do not do it to your own car, greta wont be happy.

·
Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
311 Posts
Strange, this article seems to say it is illegal in the UK. It is in Australia and pretty sure most of the world.
'Yes, it is illegal. Owners face fines if caught (up to £1,000 for cars and £2,500 for vans) and removing a DPF can also invalidate your car insurance policy.'
Diesel particulate filters | what you need to know | RAC Drive

Problems after dpf removal - (dpfproblems.net)

Also, this is what you're doing, not that you seem to care.
Ultrafine particles: unique physicochemical properties relevant to health and disease | Experimental & Molecular Medicine (nature.com)

DPF blockage is a symptom of a problem, not the cause.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts