Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright lads.
So my front water jest are not working, the rear one is but that's it. I can't even hear the motor for the front jets I can only hear the wipers. Jets are not blocked and clear.
My question is what should I start of looking at? Fuses? The motor? Connections?
Abit stuck!
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
441 Posts
Alright lads.
So my front water jest are not working, the rear one is but that's it. I can't even hear the motor for the front jets I can only hear the wipers. Jets are not blocked and clear.
My question is what should I start of looking at? Fuses? The motor? Connections?
Abit stuck!
Thanks in advance
I'd first verify whether or not the motor/pump spins or not.

By eBay ads, looks like it's a single pump with two outlet ports.

Typical setup is two wires to the pump, both grounded at rest, the switches in the stalk/or relays on later multiplexed cars) switch one line, which one depending on front/rear, to +12V.
By which line gets +12V, polarity and rotation direction differs, and by that which port of the pump fluid is pushed out.

Could be power supply upstream to the switch responsible for 'front', the switch itself, something mechanical in the stalk such that the switch doesn't engage. Possibly a mechanical issue with the diverter valving in the pump that open/blocks port depending on rotation direction.

My approach'd be
Pump spin -> likely valving, try new motor/pump (cheap enough) maybe after first a quick switching the hoses on the pump to rule out blockage in the front hoses (by activating rear wash which now should go to the front).

No spin -> look at switches/stalk and power to those. Maybe first verify that there's not + (or -) 12V to the motor/pump when activating the stalk to rule out something weird in the motor/pump only allowing it to spin one way...
Another option could be the ground connection on the 'rear' switch could be missing... So measuring at the plug/motor, check for +12V against body earth and the other pin for continuity to body earth, not just +/-12V across the pins in the plug.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Washer pump will be on the side of the washer bottle in the front bumper, drivers side behind the plastic wheel arch liner, if in doubt, find the bottle filler neck and the bottle is directly underneath.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Washer pump will be on the side of the washer bottle in the front bumper, drivers side behind the plastic wheel arch liner, if in doubt, find the bottle filler neck and the bottle is directly underneath.
Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Before you replace the pump, swap the tubes attached to it and see if operating the rear washer works the fronts. If it does then you either have a bad pump or a problem with power supply. You will have ruled out a split pipe.
When you get the pump off try running current directly from the battery to it, and see if it works with the wires reversed, that is backwards and forwards. If it does the pump is ok.

Roger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts