Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how much it would cost to get a new bearing pressed into a hub taking off the car. Would any normal garage have the correct press or is there a specific one needed

All the front wheel bearings on eBay show a bearing a c clip and a nut. I gather the nut isn't needed if its just pressed in? Is the c clip needed is it just the case the bearings are universal across most pug cars

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had a quote to have one fitted
For 80 quid a bearing shows at about 25 quid locally
So was hoping to get it done cheaper it
I dismantled myself

Do you reckon it's worth it?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Please don't take this as gospel as I mentioned its a while ago.

I think I used a black and decker workmate with the top open placed the hub over and used I think a 38mm socket a lump of wood on top and a Big hammer worked slow made sure that it pushed it even. Started the new bearing with flat of wood gentle taps and drove it home.

Sorry not so precise and you may well not fancy ding it but at the time both bearings done and still fine including mot passes

I did consider looking for a press but a fitter friend put me onto the idea not great practice but cheaper the bearings are not that dear if I recall took one round to a local supplier he took the details of it bought 2 and some grease was not expensive

Safe way is a press though I do have a fair few tools collected over the years though

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts