Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

After my 807 stayed unused in the scorching sun over the summer holidays, I am no longer able to get the front washer to work. I filled the water tank (it turned out it was empty), I can hear the pump working, and rear washer works brilliantly. But the front washer - plop. And it worked well up to the holidays!

Anyone having an idea what this could be? It's perhaps not a broken pipe as no leakage can be seen. Would it be the pump? A blocked pipe (how got?)?

This only fault makes the car fail MOT...

Thanks for any advice!

k.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pull the pipes off the jets under the bonnet and see if you have water pressure.

If so get some new jets from Peugeot.
Thx, just checked and there's no pressure in the pipes under the bonnet. That would point to a fault somewhere below. Would it be possible that the pump is somehow broken, or it's rather the pipes?

k.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Pump runs one way to feed the rear and rotates in the opposite direction to feed the front. If the pump is running when you switch it on to wash the front then there must be a blockage, you need to remove the wheel and liner on the drivers side and disconnect the hose feeding the screen and confirm the pump is delivering then blow through the hose up to the wipers.
Can I give you a tip, use only undiluted concentrated screen wash fluid in the winter as the mad location of the washer jets on the wipers means any diluted fluid freezes in cold weather due to wind chill. No joke on wet salt treated motorways. Best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts