Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I've recently picked up a 407sw, and ive found that the front wash/wipe function isn't working, not even slightly. Pull the stalk, and not a thing, wipers don't sweep, and I can't hear anything from the washer pump.

My first thought was maybe a fuse, but upon checking the manual to see which fuse to check, I realised both front and rear work on the same fuse, and the rear works as you'd expect.

So that leaves the stalk, but I also found that the stalks are all part of the comms unit (owned 306's up till now, which have individual stalks), so I wondered if there's any chance I could dismantle the comms unit to possibly cure the issue, or would I be better off just replacing it?

Thanks in advance for any advice! :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not too sure, only had the car a couple of days, it's a 2006 plate, so I'd assume maybe comms 2005? How would I tell? It's a whole world away from the 306s that I'm used to! ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, here's one for you, the comm unit in my 407 has the number 96611304xt on it, when I put that into eBay, it comes back with a citroen c5 unit, would I be able to use a 96611305xt unit in its place, as they apparently relate back to the 407 instead of the c5? Still com2003 and valeo, just a slightly different model number.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As far as I can see, yeah. If this one is compatible, it saves me £25 over the one with the matching code.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not that I want to annoy people, but if anyone knows if this 305xt unit will be a suitable replacement for the 304xt, it'd be much appreciated. :stressed:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just as a follow up to this, as trustme quoted, it was definitely the stalk at fault, and the model numbers DON'T have to match perfectly, as long as the new com unit has all the same functions as your existing unit (i.e. Auto wipers, front/rear fogs, etc.), it should work fine. :)

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Just as a follow up to this, as trustme quoted, it was definitely the stalk at fault, and the model numbers DON'T have to match perfectly, as long as the new com unit has all the same functions as your existing unit (i.e. Auto wipers, front/rear fogs, etc.), it should work fine. :)
i have been telling people this or years

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well you didn't tell me, did you? :p :lol:

It's all good though, got it through the MOT now, 12 month ticket, just the niggly issues to sort now, and there aren't many of them! :thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts