Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically, when i turn and accelerate sometimes like when going around a roundabout I can hear some creaking/thud noise from the front suspension!

Its not a cv joint click or a thump like worn shocks.

The car goes over speed bumps and pot holes completely fine and doesn't make a sound, its only when turning under acceleration.

Just wondering if anyone has had this problem and if so what was the problem and how did you sort it.

Cheers

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hi, this is similar to a common suspension problem I've experienced.

Try replacing the anti roll bar 'D' bushes.

These are cheap, easy to replace and often cause a knock when under load.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Basically, when i turn and accelerate sometimes like when going around a roundabout I can hear some creaking/thud noise from the front suspension!

Its not a cv joint click or a thump like worn shocks.

The car goes over speed bumps and pot holes completely fine and doesn't make a sound, its only when turning under acceleration.

Just wondering if anyone has had this problem and if so what was the problem and how did you sort it.

Cheers

Check the top suspension leg mounting as well ! :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies guys.

I checked all the bushes today on the front suspension and they are all in great condition!
The knock/rocking sound happens when i go over bumps etc with the wheels turned but never when they are straight!

The D bushes look in good condition although...can they look fine and be in bad shape and causing noises?

·
Registered
344 Posts

I checked all the bushes today on the front suspension and they are all in great condition!
The knock/rocking sound happens when i go over bumps etc with the wheels turned but never when they are straight!

The D bushes look in good condition although...can they look fine and be in bad shape and causing noises?
They can look fine as mine looked ok when I checked. It's only when I replaced them that I noticed the difference. It's hard to tell by looking as a couple of mm of wear can cause a noise and wouldn't be noticeable from inspection.

I'd asked a garage to look into mine prior to fixing it and even their MOT technician couldn't find the problem.

I'd advise replacing them as they're a perishable part and only about £10.

·
Registered
344 Posts
thanks for the reply.

I checked these today and they dont look like theyre moving up and down as if the bushes are worn! Or is there another way of checking them?
Hard to check without dismantling bits. Try taking the leg off load (jack it up) and check for movement at the top of the leg. (Pulling side to side) you may hear knocking or clonking if they're worn..

Hopefully they'll be ok as they're a pig to change!

·
Registered
213 Posts

I had new D bushes fitted only 24 months ago, and starting to get the same noise again, and had to change them again 12 months later.

I am now getting the noise again, but this time I have been advised to fit polyurethane bushes this time, cost about £20 each but if they last longer it will be worth it, so going to order some.

This is the 307 list of bushes where I am ordering from, as they say they offer a lifetime warranty:

Powerflex - Performance Polyurethane Bushes

This is the online shop: http://www.powerflexshop.com/car/peugeot/307/powerflex-bushes-for-road-use-peugeot-307

Forgot to mention, Euro Car Part are a stockist for these.

They do list 8 different sizes so I just need to get the bar diameter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts