Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello users,

I wondered if you could help me in my first post.
I have the above vehicle with a broken front left spring.
I am en route to replacing the whole suspension unit as a complete unit (from a used part) but I am struggling to understand what the correct replacement would be.

The unit I took out has a sticker on the strut with big number 9031 and the spring has painted coloured stripes white blue (at the top) and purple blue at the bottom.

I purchased a new unit from a breakers which has a sticker 9004 and the
spring has two yellow stripes (upper) and purple blue at the bottom.
It was supposed to be a straight swap I was told (it came from 307 1.4litre 16V manual).

Could any of the experts please enlighten me as to the usability of my part and the meaning of the numbers and colours?

Many thanks in advance,

Andy

·
Registered
14,567 Posts
Numbers are meaningless the colour rings indicate the spring rates so it is not the same but problem is if off a different body style or age the rates may be the same but from a different supplier there is no easy way to tell.

If it looks fine just fit it :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
I bought (miss sold) springs and fitted them, turns out they were for an auto sw, they raised the front of the car by about an inch!

Needless to say I removed them and ecp swapped the for the correct ones.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks for your replies,
Apologies for the slow response, I am just back from a long business trip.

I put the new strut in yesterday and all seems well! Thank you for your advice about the spring colouring.

Your help is appreciated, all th ebest for the New YEar.
Andy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts