Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this gonna be as easy as I think it's going to be to replace? Just brought one from ebay for £6. I'm thinking its just a simple unbolt the other one and just bolt and torque the other one into place. I got to do or get the wheel alignment done after, but I'm hoping that's all I got to really do for the link bar. Ball joints going on my passenger side. Driver's was done a couple of months ago. Missing that annoying knocking noise. Just like my squealing brakes... :idea:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah it is just a case of unbolt and then bolt the new one in. Although the 'unbolt' part might not be that simple, on my car it was a nightmare, you have to use a hex bit to hold the centre still while loosening the nut, for each ball joint, on my car the links must have been original as the nuts and the ends of the threaded bits were totally destroyed with rust and dirt. Hopefully yours are more straight forward. But yes, the theory is simple, unbolt, remove, refit :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Just done one of these myself, i wouldn't even try and undo it,it will be so corroded and trying to hold the inside of the nut with a hex will just strip,just cut it off with an angle grinder and replace it,you shouldn't need to worry about any realignment.just refit the the link pin and job done.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, I'll take that all under advisement. Disc cutter and welding torch, and C4, and anything else that destroys things must be on hand. So I'm to take it, it's a bitch to get it off? So I can get violent with it to a degree?

·
Registered
320 Posts
An angle grinder is all you will need,just cut the bolt head off the top and bottom and replace. They get so corroded that if you do try and undo it properly you'll be messing with it all day and then you'll still end up just grinding it off...

·
Registered
552 Posts
Okay, I'll take that all under advisement. Disc cutter and welding torch, and C4, and anything else that destroys things must be on hand. So I'm to take it, it's a bitch to get it off? So I can get violent with it to a degree?
It's rare to see them coming off easily, and to be honest I don't know why people spend so long trying to get them off cleanly... they ain't going back on!

Nut split it, cut it off, what ever you feel happy with but I wouldn't waste your time getting it off properly.

Phil

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So the C4 is definitely needed? LOL Too much MW3.

I'll have to see what tools I got. Haven't got all the tools that my father-in-law and father got up home in staffordshire. So... Might have to go out and buy a disc cutter, a little baby one!

The other side (driver) was done about two or more months ago, cause it was dead... Completely. So now we got some spare cash after moving into the house, I can get under it and do it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wise words, i spent ages trying to get the first one off properly then got annoyed and cut it off with the grinder, wish id just done that right away the whole job would have taken no time at all. :nod:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wish now that I had had some frigging C4! That thing was an utter bitch to get off! Not doing another one, till I have to.

D

·
0 Posts
You wont need to get the alignment done afterwards. The link replacement doesn't effect it.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The wheel alignment needed doing anyway, doesn't quite drive straight. Plus, doesn't hurt to check its correct and it gives me some practise for doing it at college.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts