Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm in the process of ordering new front brake discs and pads for my Peugeot 207 1.6 hdi (07 reg) however unsure if the correct size is 266mm or 283mm.

Wondering if anyone can advise accurately on this please to save my dad having to take the wheel off to measure?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Front Brake Disc Size Peugeot 207 1.6 hdi

Hello, I'm in the process of ordering new front brake discs and pads for my Peugeot 207 1.6 hdi (07 reg) however unsure if the correct size is 266mm or 283mm.

Wondering if anyone can advise accurately on this please to save my dad having to take the wheel off to measure?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Eccles,

Thanks for the reply.

I'd need to ask my dad if he can find the VIN, however if he can't find it, would the registration number suffice or does it definitely need to be the VIN?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
VIN is on V5 on car lower edge of windscreen under bonnet also on sticker on door pillar also on MOT certificate also sometimes written in handbook/service history im sure he can find it :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello, the last 8 digits of the VIN is 33678329

Also wondered if the rear brake discs would be same size as front? Gonna get them all sorted.

Any accurate info would be most appreciated plz :)

·
3,192 Posts
Hi...yes it is...as for the comparison between front and rear....rears are different ...if you still have doubts,get both and take one set back? (unopened undamaged?)
ps...windy woudnt have plucked a part number out of thin air..his information is always accurate...

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Rear discs are much smaller most modern peugeots and citroens use the same rear discs anyway 207 307 308 C2 C3 all same discs but rear discs are 1 piece with bearing so not cheap !

·
6,448 Posts
Yes that is the info from Servicebox for your VIN. Missed question about rear discs they are

WHEEL HUB DISC (With Bearings) DIAM 249 Part No 4249 32

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Hi there,

Thanks for that.

I didn't realise the rear would need new bearing too as my dad changed the rear left not too long ago without that I thought. May be mistaken though.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Bearings are integral with it it does not need the bearing you just have no choice !

Some cars have separate hub and disc but they are rare most are 1 piece bearing/disc assembly.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi there,

Thanks for that.

I didn't realise the rear would need new bearing too as my dad changed the rear left not too long ago without that I thought. May be mistaken though.
I hope your dad is not in the habit of changing only one disk on an axle! Definite no-no.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts