Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hullo folks, the front passenger electric window will go down but not up. I have checked fuses and changed switches. Also have renewed the whole door wiring loom from the twin plugs in the front door pillar. Still does not work, when wired up direct to power source the electric window motor works fine , up and down.
Any ideas where the problem is, I have this car ten years and this problem is really puzzling me.
Please help if possible
Waine foster

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hullo folks, the front passenger electric window will go down but not up. I have checked fuses and changed switches. Also have renewed the whole door wiring loom from the twin plugs in the front door pillar. Still does not work, when wired up direct to power source the electric window motor works fine , up and down.
Any ideas where the problem is, I have this car ten years and this problem is really puzzling me.
Please help if possible
Waine foster
What if unplug the harness plug from the switch and apply power and ground directly to the plug contacts for the wires going to the motor?

If that doesn't work while power/ground direct on to the motor works --> wiring in between.

If that works, then the only thing further upstream is the switch, as power and ground feed to the switch are OK since it works in one direction.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
You cant do that nowadays as the BSI is what actually switches the windows the switch just sends a signal to the BSI that you want the window to work.

Unless of course its a very early 406 but doubt it is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts