Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had a pretty good rattle free first 5 months, but now I've noticed that when driving along there's a vibration, bit like a muffled rattle, coming from the front passenger door. I've emptied everything out, and it's still there, so suspecting either the catch mechanism needs lubricating or the door card trim or a wiring loom within is the source. First I thought it was the passenger seat as it was on its highest position, after lowering it the sound is still there. I thought I had somehow cured it yesterday but by the end of my drive to work this morning it was returning.

Happens at all speeds, not so easy to hear if the radio is on which is maybe why I've on my recently noticed it. Don't particularly want to let the dealership take the door trim off as it often leads to more rattles and they rarely find anything wrong, so may squirt something in the door catch first to see if that helps. Has anyone got instructions for removing the door card if step 1 doesn't work?

Any similar experiences or am I just really unlucky?

·
Registered
254 Posts
So I've had a pretty good rattle free first 5 months, but now I've noticed that when driving along there's a vibration, bit like a muffled rattle, coming from the front passenger door. I've emptied everything out, and it's still there, so suspecting either the catch mechanism needs lubricating or the door card trim or a wiring loom within is the source. First I thought it was the passenger seat as it was on its highest position, after lowering it the sound is still there. I thought I had somehow cured it yesterday but by the end of my drive to work this morning it was returning.

Happens at all speeds, not so easy to hear if the radio is on which is maybe why I've on my recently noticed it. Don't particularly want to let the dealership take the door trim off as it often leads to more rattles and they rarely find anything wrong, so may squirt something in the door catch first to see if that helps. Has anyone got instructions for removing the door card if step 1 doesn't work?

I had a similar issue on my drivers door and they found a wiring harness was not clipped in correctly.

·
Registered
495 Posts

Had a similar rattle from the front right hand drivers side , thought it was in the engine , but after a day and a half , the mechanics found it to be something in the front wheel to do with the springs in it the brakes , rattle free now !

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Had a similar rattle from the front right hand drivers side , thought it was in the engine , but after a day and a half , the mechanics found it to be something in the front wheel to do with the springs in it the brakes , rattle free now !
Thanks for the reply, it's definitely not a rattle as such, and not metallic sounding, much more of a vibrating fluttering noise from the door if that makes sense? Which makes me think it could be a loose wiring loom as above or bit of foam in the door panel somewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts