Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took delivery of 1.2 puretech on Friday. I have ordered a trim without front parking sensors or camera thinking it wouldn't be needed.but now i feel the bonnet is bit high and it might hinder my view while doing front parking between two cars. tomorrow i need to check with the dealer about the possibility of fitting front parking sensors.

Has anyone gone through similar situation or got parking sensors fitted after taking delivery of the car.?

· Administrator
2,124 Posts
You have the Active trim then.

In the time I've been on the forum, I am unaware of anyone who has had the front sensors fitted as an extra so not sure if you'll get a response.

In fact, I think your the only member here that has the Active trim making you a trendsetter. :clap:

Welcome to the 3008 gang.

Paul

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have the Active trim then.

In the time I've been on the forum, I am unaware of anyone who has had the front sensors fitted as an extra so not sure if you'll get a response.

In fact, I think your the only member here that has the Active trim making you a trendsetter. :clap:

Welcome to the 3008 gang.

Paul
yea went for active trim as it was available with in 8 weeks. i am happy with the car. it would have been better with front parking sensors :)

· Registered
1,616 Posts
I haven't got used to the high bonnet and I've got front parking sensors. I find I'm leaving the car with the front 600mm from the white line and the rear sticking out.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't got used to the high bonnet and I've got front parking sensors. I find I'm leaving the car with the front 600mm from the white line and the rear sticking out.
same here while parking in front of my house, rear of the car will be ending up in foot path. so i have to get in move the car bit forward again. hope i will get used the high bonnet soon.

· Registered
544 Posts
Hi jusvi2001 and welcome.

I don't know if Peugeot will be prepared to put parking sensors on your car once it's been delivered - you can only ask but a friend of mine did get them put on their car by an independent garage because her hubby got fed up with her constantly bumping the car!. It was a couple of years ago but it wasn't all that expensive (I seem to remember around £100) and they did a really good job.

· Administrator
2,124 Posts
Hi jusvi2001 and welcome.

I don't know if Peugeot will be prepared to put parking sensors on your car once it's been delivered - you can only ask but a friend of mine did get them put on their car by an independent garage because her hubby got fed up with her constantly bumping the car!. It was a couple of years ago but it wasn't all that expensive (I seem to remember around £100) and they did a really good job.
There are indeed lots of aftermarket sensor kits out there that you can get fitted by an independent garage or even yourself if your comfortable doing so, but I strongly suggest you talk to Peugeot to see if by fitting them you are affecting the warranty of the car. Hopefully, they will OK it and recommend a specific make.

Also, again overlooked by many who fit aftermarket parts, inform your insurance company, as technically, your modifying the car by fitting them. If you ever then have a claim, they could reject it as every insurance contract insists you notify them of any changes to the vehicle.

If parking in your drive is an issue and not sure where to position your car, there is a 'free' method of doing it.

Drive your car in to where you think the rear is off the footpath. Get out and look, if still too far out, look at front to see what space you still have, get back in if necessary and move forward again and recheck until you are in the ideal position.

Then look out your side window and identify something you are dead in line with. It may be a window or tree etc. Thereafter, every time you park the car, as long as you are dead in line with the item you used as your 'mark', then you know the front is safe and the arse of the car isn't over the footpath.

I know lots of folk who use this method very successfully.

Paul

· Registered
544 Posts
I used to use this method when parking in the garage and I'd even drawn a line on the wall with a permanent marker. Some folks even hang something from the garage roof (e.g. a cotton reel) and when that touches your screen or back window, you're in the right place.

I'm sure that Peugeot will be able to advise you regarding the supply and fitting of Pug approved sensors and should advise you on how you stand regarding the warranty. Telling your insurance company is obviously a must but you never know, adding them to your car might just reduce your insurance premium. You can but hope :lol:

· Registered
1,616 Posts
Looking on the internet, you can buy aftermarket wireless parking sensors quite cheaply so Gill's price of £100 fitted seems about right. The only thing is, the display will be an add-on that will need to be positioned somewhere and not on the touch screen. For this you will probably need to get Peugeot to do the installation, if indeed it is possible, and my guess is the cost is more likely to be £500.

· Registered
495 Posts
Looking on the internet, you can buy aftermarket wireless parking sensors quite cheaply so Gill's price of £100 fitted seems about right. The only thing is, the display will be an add-on that will need to be positioned somewhere and not on the touch screen. For this you will probably need to get Peugeot to do the installation, if indeed it is possible, and my guess is the cost is more likely to be £500.
Which trim then has the camera and parking sensors at the fron t?? has the gt line got these features ??

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you everyone for the suggestions.

As per dealer there is no front parking sensor available for this new model yet.may be available in few months. but i think i will be used to handle the car without it by then:)

· Registered
1,302 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.