Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During the five minutes I actually managed to get Diagbox working it diagnosed a faulty N/S front ABS sensor as the cause of my ABS/ESR warning lights. (It's now gone back to repeatedly asking for a password and won't accept scary01.)

Sounds like I have to remove the battery and various electrical gibbons to get to the connector for this sensor. Any idea how long a job this is?

·
6,077 Posts
Sounds like you had a live internet connection when using planet/diagbox which has then updated and deactivated as it's a clone copy.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah. Yes, that would explain why Diagbox now won't work. Does that mean I need to remove it and reinstall, or do I need to wipe XP and start from scratch?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Because it takes the best part of 6 hours to install diagbox, I would start with a fresh copy of XP because you don't want to get to the end of it and then realise an errant registry key has made it deactivate when installing XP takes all of half an hour.

But wait for someone else's answer first as I've always done a fresh copy of XP if there's been any issues like this.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Good advice.I wish I'd realised I needed to turn off the laptop's wifi once Diagbox was installed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyway - I've hijacked my own thread.

How much of a job is changing the NSF ABS sensor? Rough time taken to do it?

·
5,040 Posts
Bout 30minutes if all goes well, but you'll probably have to drill the old one out so maybe 45 minutes. We just go straight for the drill rather than mess about

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
The connector is under the corner of the fuse box, but I've never managed to see it.

I splice the new sensor onto the existing cable.
These heat shrink things are good
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123513809825
(the small white ones are big enough), with another pice of heat shrink tube over the lot.
Note that you have to check the new connection by starting the engine because they could need to be connected either way round -- the wire colours are meaningless.

·
6,077 Posts
Try system restore if available if you can roll back to before you used it sometimes it will reactivate

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
264 Posts
Thanks guys. Splicing sounds like the way forward.
No need to splice it, the connector is right under the fusebox. Really easy to get to.

It's clipped on, in the same way as the ones in the rear, under the back seat, are clipped on to the fuel tank cover.
You can just literally pull it off, change the sensor and push the clip back on again.

I usually pick up abs sensors on eBay for about £9.00. It's a bit random as to how long they'll last though. I've had to replace one from eBay twice. I usually get about a year and a half from them.
I suppose you can calculate how long you'll think you'll have the car for, and then decide if it's worth spending £50 for a Bosch sensor, or £9 for some Chinese yolk.
Much easier to replace them the second time around though, they slide right out!

·
5,040 Posts
I don't like the policy of splicing either,so we just change them as needed,easy enough job

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
264 Posts
Really? I absolutely could not see it.

As for the rears: I can't drop the fuel tank.
Maybe it came off the clip and got pulled back down somewhere? This is mine..

I had a bit of hassle doing my rear abs sensor alright. One of the bloody bolts holding on the tank broke off when I was trying to loosen it! It was the rear-most one, so I just drilled a little hole beside it and put a cable tie on it. It's still holding strong.

When I need to do the rear abs I can just take off the cable tie and the tank drops a few centimeters, then I just push a bit of wire down from the top, tied to a piece of string, tied to the sensor, and just pull it out underneath.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Strangely, replacing the frip joint solved the ABS issue (see blow thread)

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/407-41/loose-subframe-339816/

I've no idea why. if the wheel bearing had been the problem I could understand it, but how a loose frip joint could cause ABS problems is puzzling. Anyway - all's well that ends well.
That's strange! Maybe a loose wire, or dirty sensor that got sorted with all the banging from fixing the joint?

I had to do both ball joint and the same abs sensor on my car recently. I did the sensor first, then the joint a week or two after.
I do find though, that abs sensors seem to die slowly, and intermittently. You think the problem is gone, and then a week later it's dead for good. I've had to replace about 5 abs sensors over the last 3 years.

Nice one that you got it sorted though. Hope it doesn't come back!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts