Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heya peeps. just brought a black 307 and i was wondering if there was a way i could tint the front standard lights. its a 2003.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought a tint film off ebay - called "flyeyes" - unlike most tint films, it won't make the headlights illegal.
I'll see if I can find the link... (if I can post one yet:nod: )

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

Not sure if you need any still but we are a new company in the United Kingdom who sell a variety of film including light smoked, dark smoked, light blue and yellow for vehicle headlights / fog lights.

To see examples, please visit our facebook page, simply search 'protectandenhance'

Or as I'm unsure to whether we're allowed to post links, simply google 'protectandenhance' to get to our website :)

If you need any help, just us a shout.

many thanks,

Kind regards,

Ryan

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
hi ryan, i appreciate your trying to run a business but site admins get touchy if people start promoting/advertising business on here without permission as they too are trying to run a business :lol:

i dont mind it personally, just giving you the heads up for next time etc :thumb:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi John, Oohh I'm sorry, I thought it was just against the rules to include a website etc.

So I thought I'd give users a change to view the product on my facebook page ''Protectandenhance'.

I did email the email address it says to email about these queries but yet to reply.
I was hoping we could sort something out.

Many thanks for your input :)

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
yeah mate, like i say im not fussed and support everyone...especially nowadays in the financial climate etc.

may take some time to get a reply, tbh they are all north americans who run this site :lol:

hope you get something sorted :thumb:

J

·
0 Posts
Apparently they're perforated and therefore the difference when your lights are on are next to none.

However I'd like to know the percentage of perforation, as that will tell me the percentage of light deflecting back into the unit and not on to the main road.

The rest of the story is as you say Phil, WALLOP!

J

·
0 Posts
HID kits... haha... I think I've just clicked..

I occasionally find other road users with dazzling lights, and therefore put my main beam on to remind them that they have theirs on, and then all of a sudden they have a bigger main beam and I'm getting a tan!!!!

WHY?>!?!?!?!

I thought that's what you do to squeaky brakes...

·
Registered
552 Posts
HID kits... haha... I think I've just clicked..

I occasionally find other road users with dazzling lights, and therefore put my main beam on to remind them that they have theirs on, and then all of a sudden they have a bigger main beam and I'm getting a tan!!!!

WHY?>!?!?!?!

I thought that's what you do to squeaky brakes...
Unfortunately around here it's not occasionally, we have a massive collection of drivers who not only have fake HID kits that blind you, but drive around with fog lights on to go with it.

Call me boring, old or whatever, but it just irritates the living crap out of me!

One thing I've noticed on the 407 at least, is not only are the headlights pretty awesome in the default form, but the main beam is lethal, just what you need to flash people who choose to have the whole set of lights on!

The best I've seen is some boy racer type, driving a polo, tinted everything, chrome all over the option, seemingly no suspension what so ever... more importantly main beam and fog lights on whilst driving down a fully illuminated motorway!

As for the grease, tried a massive lashing of grease on the pads once... I don't know why, but it didn't work too well!? :(

Phil

·
Registered
10 Posts
I guess they look 'ok' until you try and use your lights on a country lane, and inadvertently wallop a tree, then put my insurance up.
Thanks for that input haha. Well I had the dark smoked film on my car headlights for over a year and used to do a lot of country driving and never had the problem of hitting a tree.

Ohh and that was with complete standard lights so upgrade your lights and your more than sorted :).
When the film has been applied and your lights are on, you can't tell the film is even there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Apparently they're perforated and therefore the difference when your lights are on are next to none.

However I'd like to know the percentage of perforation, as that will tell me the percentage of light deflecting back into the unit and not on to the main road.

The rest of the story is as you say Phil, WALLOP!

Heres the percentage outputs of the light film we sell:

Light Smoked 92%
Dark Smoked 78%
Blue 88%
Yellow 86%

Looking to source a new Dark Smoked Film which allows more light through so that should be changed shortly. Although saying this, I used to do a lot of country driving with the Dark Smoked light Film applied to my headlights and had no problems. It obviously does reduce the light a little but still drivable.

Many thanks

thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
All I can say, is if you do need to claim on your insurance, make sure you remove them first, I can say with confidence if they find em' they wont pay out!
Hmmm.. I don't know about that, yeah I suppose it's better to remove them just in case but I don't know how you can say with confidence they wouldn't pay out if they saw them.

As i said, I had the dark smoked film on my car for over a year with no problems, no problems from the law and PASSED An M.O.T Test with them applied.

Many thanks,

·
Registered
552 Posts
MOT rules are that the lights are the same colour and same intensity, so if they're dim but the same intensity, it's a pass which seems pretty stupid to me.

Insurance may not see it the same way.

Intentionally reducing the intensity of your lights seems like a pretty dim thing to do, by any percentage!

Phil

1 - 20 of 25 Posts