Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning members..Diagnostics show front left bearing fault ..I assumed that was the passenger side..but I believe I am wrong ..please advise me I am wrong..
Thanks. 05..p407.. sv ..SW hdi

·
Registered
209 Posts
Morning members..Diagnostics show front left bearing fault ..I assumed that was the passenger side..but I believe I am wrong ..please advise me I am wrong..
Thanks. 05..p407.. sv ..SW hdi
How can you diagnose a bearing fault.
Thats a first for me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Are you talking about wheel bearings? If so, lift up the wheel and check for worn wheel bearings. Look up on youtube how to check if you are unsure.

But generally, shake the wheel back and forth 3 and 9 o clock, and 12 and 6 o clock. The wheel shouldnt have any play ; check youtube

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you talking about wheel bearings? If so, lift up the wheel and check for worn wheel bearings. Look up on youtube how to check if you are unsure.

But generally, shake the wheel back and forth 3 and 9 o clock, and 12 and 6 o clock. The wheel shouldnt have any play ; check youtube
Oh dear ..I was lazy.. It is the integral magnetic ring faulty..All I would like to know is Front left side passenger or driver's side ..On u tube one guy attends to his front left bearing on the passenger side ..one seller on eBay states it's the driver's side ..I told the machanic to put the new bearing I gave him in the passenger side ..he did and the fault is still showing and shuddering when breaking..I really would like to of told him the wrong side rather than it be faulty work ..or the bearing . Yes I should of test driven.. It was a mobile mechanic by the way ..Thanks for quick and justified replies FH

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh dear ..I was lazy.. It is the integral magnetic ring faulty..All I would like to know is Front left side passenger or driver's side ..On u tube one guy attends to his front left bearing on the passenger side ..one seller on eBay states it's the driver's side ..I told the machanic to put the new bearing I gave him in the passenger side ..he did and the fault is still showing and shuddering when breaking..I really would like to of told him the wrong side rather than it be faulty work ..or the bearing . Yes I should of test driven.. It was a mobile mechanic by the way ..Thanks for quick and justified replies FH
In case I was misunderstood I was genuinely thanking Ibbi 9595 and barbaren and nothing more !!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts