Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone who has now picked up their 3008 Allure please answer me a question about the front grille please?

I've ordered my Allure and I know that the front grille is different on the Active/Allure where the "lines" go downwards whereas on the GT Line/GT the lines go side to side. The first Allure I test drove on the day the car was launched was a white car with Matt black lines in the grille yet the black one I test drove a week later had chrome lines in it's grille.

What I would like to know is does the Allure spec that you've received have chrome lines or Matt black ones in the front grille. I hope that I've explained myself properly!

Thanks for your time.

Gill

· Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's a picture of my Allure -

Oh thanks very much. That has completely answered my question digitaldr, especially as mine is the same colour. It looks lovely btw. Are you pleased with the colour outdoors as when you look at it under the showroom lights you get a false impression.

· Registered
139 Posts
It's a little darker than I expected but have grown love it. Looks best in bright sunshine and at least it's distinctive! Also it takes a shine really well - I splashed out on some Autoglym High Definition wax (expensive but a little goes a long way) which is fantastic stuff.

· Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a little darker than I expected but have grown love it. Looks best in bright sunshine and at least it's distinctive! Also it takes a shine really well - I splashed out on some Autoglym High Definition wax (expensive but a little goes a long way) which is fantastic stuff.
I knew it was darker than expected as I saw one at a dealers near where I work. It was a dark drab day but I still liked the colour so I'm looking forward to seeing it in the sunshine. Thanks for the tip regarding the wax. I will get my husband on the task.

· Registered
160 Posts
Oh thanks very much. That has completely answered my question digitaldr, especially as mine is the same colour. It looks lovely btw. Are you pleased with the colour outdoors as when you look at it under the showroom lights you get a false impression.
I've seen also Allures with horizontal lines on the grille. See the Allure here for example: http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/3008-2017-138/my-new-peugeot-3008-allure-258330/index5.html

EDIT: I think it's actually the LED lights that turn the vertical lines horizontal. All pictures on a quick google search followed the pattern: LED lights = horizontal, halogen lights = vertical.

EDIT2: Nice color btw. Waiting for my Allure with that color + black roof (with the LEDs though)...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.