Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do 407s have Front foot well lights and on what model ?
Where are they situated and how easy are they to fit ?

Also how easy would it be to add a double socket power point in passenger side front ?

·
Registered
821 Posts
No idea what model, but i found the part number: 6362 N6 to be present on both coupe and 4/5 door variant on service box. Shouldnt be too hard to fit them. Im looking at wire diagram atm, but i dont see clearly how it is wired up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
...Also how easy would it be to add a double socket power point in passenger side front ?
Electrically very easy if your 407 is like mine. At the top of the fuse area in beside the glove box there is a long block for standard sized "blade fuses". The left end of the block has the fuse for the power socket in the rear. The adjacent empty slots have unswitched feeds. So you can make a power take-off by simply using one blade connected to an in-line fuse to feed the socket. If you have the skills, you could actually wire up one of the unused positions in the block.
Only tackle this wiring if you know about car electrics and the need for robust connections and insulation.

Kiind regards, Leo - 56 plate SW SE

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Electrically very easy if your 407 is like mine. At the top of the fuse area in beside the glove box there is a long block for standard sized "blade fuses". The left end of the block has the fuse for the power socket in the rear. The adjacent empty slots have unswitched feeds

Have you got any pictures ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
This photo shows the yellow fuse strip that is above the main fuse board at the left end of the dashboard (in glove box on UK cars). This is from a Station Wagon.
The segments at the left end have the lower contact wired to a permanent 12V supply. So blade or similar contact inserted can be used to provide a power feed.

The yellow 20 amp fuse feeds the power socket in the cargo area.

I am using the red fuse (with wires attached) to provide a feed to a relay box for tow-bar electrics.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Firstly, I must apologise to the Mods for making a mess of posting this - hope you didn't have too much hassle sorting it out.

This photo shows the fuse strip at top of the fuse box area at left end of dashboard - in the glove box of a UK car. This is from an SW.
The left segments have a permanent 12v supply in the lower contact. The yellow 20 amp fuse is for the power socket in the cargo area.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello,
Have posted the photos in my gallery but having difficulty in posting them here.
Apologies to the Mods if I have created a bit of chaos by trying a lot.

In the first photo you can see the fuse strip above the main fuse board (in glove box of a UK car). As a temporary arrangement I used a blade fuse and folded up one leg and soldered wires onto it then plugged in the other blade so that I have a fused supply for my tow-bar electrics. Only had the car 3 weeks now so not wanting to pull too much apart yet - planning to fit my wires into the back of the strip to do a proper job.

Have to say that if you are not confident in doing a safe and robust job, do not interfere with the car wiring.

Leo

·
Registered
27 Posts
The red wires were added by me... do you mean the blue wire? That feeds the fuse strip with permanent +12V - don't know where it comes from but ultimately the battery.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Um, as above - the yellow fuse strip has a permanent 12v supply on the lower connections at the left end. Plug a flat blade connector of some sort into that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts