Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys.. my 607's front passenger fog lamp is not working.. thought it must be a blown bulb.. bought new bulbs and had a go at it to find that the bulb was fine..

havnay had a chance to check a fuse (as it rains 24X7 in Glesga), i hope it is a fuse.

Can anyone suggest what should I check for other than the fuse.. and also where about is the fuse.. the owner manual does not specify a fuse for the fog lamps.

cheers in advance

·
Registered
862 Posts
Scotcruz said:
guys.. my 607's front passenger fog lamp is not working.. thought it must be a blown bulb.. bought new bulbs and had a go at it to find that the bulb was fine..

havnay had a chance to check a fuse (as it rains 24X7 in Glesga), i hope it is a fuse.

Can anyone suggest what should I check for other than the fuse.. and also where about is the fuse.. the owner manual does not specify a fuse for the fog lamps.

cheers in advance
Some other things worth checking-

~Corrosion of bulb or bulb holder contacts.
~Blown fuse.
~Faulty relay.
~Broken, loose, or disconnected wiring.
~Faulty switch.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
~Corrosion of bulb or bulb holder contacts - checked its fine...

~Blown fuse - not sure where this is, any idea ?? (I couldnt find it in the manual)

~Faulty relay - not checked, again any idea of the location

~Broken, loose, or disconnected wiring - checked it and its fine

~Faulty switch - checked and is fine as the other lamp goes on.

please advise.. many thanks for your prompt reply

cheers :thumb:

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cant believe that there is no one on the forum who knows where the fuse for the front fog lamp is... :(

·
Registered
256 Posts
Engine compartmet next to the battery terminals, as a first point, or passenger side under dash is the second place, you will need the manual to determine which is the fog relay, however if your vehicle is like my 307, there is no click sound when the headlights or fog lights are turned on, which means the relay is surface mounted and cannot be changed then it would have to a blow fuse.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks mate, appreciate your help..

I have checked the manual and I could not find any fuse marked "Fog Lamps".. I have been able to get a hold of the wiring diagram but the shame is that I cant read the auto wiring diagrams.. :(

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
there you go JohnC, appreciate your help...

I have attached both the schematic and synoptic diagrams

the fog light in question is 2670

·
Registered
256 Posts
Let me take a look at them, sometimes these french schematics take a while to read, I'll get back to you as soon as possbile, hopefully the same day of this post.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
john,, bigman any luck !!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Will check it tonight sorry forgot, but accordingly the relay is situated in the engine fuse box, I will let you know which one it is , not even sure myself since the stuff is in french....

But will let you know, schematic told me what I already knew !!1:nono: :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Sorry to get back to you so late after re-reading your post, I noticed that you make mention of front passenger fog lamp not working only, but you say it's not the globe. After 5 seconds I have supposedly found your fault.

It's the bulb connecting plug that's at fault, the schematic shows only one fuse and one relay for both fog lamps so it is definately not the fuse/relay, make sure power is off to the plug use a screw driver flathead to pull the copper/brass insert out a little this should rectify the bulb scenario.

Happens occasionally in cars depending how the plugs are made, hyundai's and Crysler's are notorious for these issues.

If I may be wrong, then post back for solution 2.

Question 1: I assume you are handy and will be able to fix this without any issues, it takes about 5 seconds, the longest bit is to take the plug out from the fog lamp case.:nod: :)

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks mate,, appreciate your help.. will give it a go when its dry.. the weather has been phish today..

fixing the plug could be a 5 min job but getting into it takes 15 to 20 mins.. as there are shields all the way underneath the car..

will let you know how I get on..

cheers again

·
Registered
256 Posts
Sorry mate, I forgot they are heaches to get to, my friends citroen xsara was painful, it took me over an hour to change the globes, as the xsara has park, low level, high beam, indicators and fog lights all in one unit.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
gonna try it today as it is nice and sunny..

Johnc do you know which one fuse is it then ??

·
Registered
256 Posts
Let me have a look and I'lll let you know which exact fuse it is, but if one light works then it isn't the fuse/relay as they are linked.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
johnc said:
Let me have a look and I'lll let you know which exact fuse it is, but if one light works then it isn't the fuse/relay as they are linked.
4 months and eventually its sorted... had a wee look at it my mates garage.. everything was fine.. it was the actuall plug contacts which were rusty.. a bit of sand paper.. new bulbs to match my xenons and hola.. magic..

took 5 minutes, pure chuffed with the new look..

thanks for you help johnc

1 - 18 of 18 Posts