Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, has anyone removed completely a front egr on a 2.7hdi engine? if so what sort of time does it take and other than very little room is it a diy task? thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
Not remove no, but am considering blanking as they are throwing up errors anyway. There is a member who has blanked the front and is in the process of blanking the back on the 2.7, so am eager to see the results. :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes both blanked now, a little smoother and does go well but it did before. i have a choice of remap or replace egr due to low voltage at the solenoid. planet shows no fault on the blanked flow egrs just low voltage at the front. im not sure with 85000 miles on it the gearbox will take another 80 lbft of a remap as i have read that the gearbox is already near its torque limit in standard guise.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Had it remapped at about 100,000 ish or thereabouts. At the time I had the DPF removed and not the EGR, so this isn't part of the remap at present.

After I get round to blanking I may run it in again for a re-remap to include the EGR valves - see how it goes first.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I payed £300, but this included removing the tyre pressure monitor from system as it annoyed me and also DPF removal. Think, but not sure - the remap alone was about £220

1 - 10 of 10 Posts