Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to pull new speaker wire to the driver side door, but am having trouble accessing the plug from the interior as it seems to be behind BSI / airbag / fusebox

The car is left hand drive, so on the driver side there is BSI and knee airbag before I am able to access the door plug connector

How have you pulled new wire through there or is there any tips how this should be done?

It was easy enough on the passenger side, as the glovebox was easily removed, but now I am hesitant to remove the BSI or airbag.

Any suggestions are appreciated

·
Registered
932 Posts
I had the same issue as you when I wanted to upgrade the speakers in my car. In the end, I just found it easier to separate out the crossover network instead! You will just have to bite the bullet and remove whatever is in the way unfortunately :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was ready to remove the BSI after checking Haynes manual, but it seems like I’d need to remove the fascia..

I removed the door today to try to pull the wire from outside to inside, but unfortunately the hole in the door panel is in such angle that I was unable to push anything through

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did you try with a bent coat hanger to see if you can get past that awkward angle?
The problem is that if I try to approach It from the inside, I'd have to get the cable through the connector, which is behind a rubber grommet :/

From outside it could of been possible if the connector could be pulled outside, but it is attached to the rubber grommet, and if I were to detach the rubber grommet from inside, I could never get it back on without removing the BSI / fascia

1 - 5 of 5 Posts