Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had new tyres put on my wifes 1.4 petrol 307 and was warned that the front discs and pads will need changing soon.

I think kwik fit were quoting about £300.

Does this sound about right?

I'm guessing if i go to peugeot I'll be looking at more.

If not can anyone recommend a garage somewhere in the liverpool area?

Thanks!

Mat

S

·
0 Posts
Front discs and pads aren't a bad job to do yourself if you are semi handy with the tools! :thumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies gents.

I did look at the guide on the forum but with no axle stands or a trolly jack I wouldn't fancy doing it on just the normal jack.

Also is it worth paying the extra for genuine peugeot parts? Or are the third party manufacturers just as good?

D

·
0 Posts
Jack it up with car jack and put the road wheels under the car. It won't go anywhere.
Up to you though.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
213 Posts
£300 from kwik fit.....bloody hell!
£190 at my local national tyres.
Have a look on eurocarparts, you'll save yourself a lot of money, and as people have said, it really is quite an easy job. :nod:

S

·
0 Posts
If you are going to do it yourself don't let the caliper dangle on its hose, always tie it up so its supported! :)

·
11,787 Posts
Can you get over to the Wirral? I'm happy to put you in touch with one of my local trusted mechanics.

I normally do all my own jobs but have a couple of guys for when I can't be bothered or its too cold or wet to do jobs at my apartment car park.

I reckon £100 all in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts