Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The split 'butterfly' front opening centre storage compartment on my 3008, seems to not open the right hand side flap (nearest my drivers seat) smoothly most of the time, without some help. It often remains down, despite me pushing the catch correctly. This as well as squeaky hinges when both flaps open up.

Has anyone else had the same on their car?

I wonder whether some minor adjustment of the mechanism or silicone for the squeaks?

·
Administrator
2,878 Posts
Got exactly the same issue but with left side bit.

Dealers have ordered a new spring under warranty and said they have had a number with the same fault.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Another Snap!
The left hand side has recently started to play up by not opening.
Often, it takes a gentle tap to wake the release.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Does the slow or not opening side of yours has the switch for compartment light. I felt that the switch obstruct or slow the opening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
both left and right dont open on mine...might get in touch with the dealer and also get some WD40

·
Registered
163 Posts
Same here. Right side flap doesn’t open and needs help. Only noticed this since the colder damp weather has arrived. When the car has warmed up inside or been in sun not so much of an issue. Trip to dealer needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
848 Posts
No problems with mine until this morning when there was a frost covering the car. Found it very slow to open but after 30 min drive with heater on it went back to normal so I'm putting it down to the cold.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
No problems with mine until this morning when there was a frost covering the car. Found it very slow to open but after 30 min drive with heater on it went back to normal so I'm putting it down to the cold.
Same problem on mine, driver's side flap does not open, it needs some help always :)

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
The split 'butterfly' front opening centre storage compartment on my 3008, seems to not open the right hand side flap (nearest my drivers seat) smoothly most of the time, without some help. It often remains down, despite me pushing the catch correctly. This as well as squeaky hinges when both flaps open up.

Has anyone else had the same on their car?

I wonder whether some minor adjustment of the mechanism or silicone for the squeaks?
I read this post when i was away last week but tried mine this morning and yes the passenger side sticks. I wouuldn't have known this because I never use the compartment so I have a large area of wasted space in the car. Does anyone actually use the compartment and what for?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I read this post when i was away last week but tried mine this morning and yes the passenger side sticks. I wouuldn't have known this because I never use the compartment so I have a large area of wasted space in the car. Does anyone actually use the compartment and what for?

My small folding brolly, Ice scraper screen demister and my supply of mints in the tray. Placed a piece of spongy stuff in the bottom to stop rattles. Very useful

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I placed a redbull in the bottle part on the bottom, drove for 6-7 hours straight and when I arrived the drink was still ice cold :) The AC keeps it nice and cool, that is one thing I like, and the compartment itself is quite large.

It kind of makes up for lack of storage space in the front cabin, that glove compartment is barely large enough for the service booklet to fit inside, not to mention anything else.

·
Administrator
2,878 Posts
Got the usual bits and bobs in mine including a small paper pad in case I need to write anything down ....I managed to get one of those half size Argos freebee pencils in the glove box too...only just though! ?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
The problem is in the red surface that easily touches the green one (see image below):

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The two front centre compartment flaps still refuse to rise as they did when I first got my 3008, even with the increase in outside temperatures. One of the flaps on the passenger side sort of opens, whilst the one nearest me doesn't at all, without me manually lifting it.

They both squeak and need help to open them, which rather defeats the object of the butterfly opening.

Anyone else had Peugeot sort this out for them?

I've booked my car in for the fuel line recall and the random airbag/pre-tensioner fault, so I thought I might mention it.

Reactions: nsw1654

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yep, my dealership fixed this for me under warranty last week, alongside an unexpected software update. They seemed to be aware of the issue and ordered the parts quickly. (They're also appealing a bus lane fine on my behalf when I was caught out in a hire car and the council provided no signs to inform me of the restriction - apparently it's happened to many leaving the dealership. I think I may have the one of the few useful and helpful Peugeot dealerships!)

It works perfectly now in all temperatures. The free carwash was a bonus too!

I'd save your time and money on using WD40 and other methods when you can get it fixed for free under warranty at the dealership.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yep, my dealership fixed this for me under warranty last week, alongside an unexpected software update. They seemed to be aware of the issue and ordered the parts quickly. (They're also appealing a bus lane fine on my behalf when I was caught out in a hire car and the council provided no signs to inform me of the restriction - apparently it's happened to many leaving the dealership. I think I may have the one of the few useful and helpful Peugeot dealerships!)

It works perfectly now in all temperatures. The free carwash was a bonus too!

I'd save your time and money on using WD40 and other methods when you can get it fixed for free under warranty at the dealership.
Thanks for your reply. Do you know what parts they replaced?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for your reply. Do you know what parts they replaced?
I recently had the fuel line recall addressed and they confirmed my glovebox was 'faulty' during that visit.

I'm in again next Friday (waiting for parts) and will ask what's involved whilst I'm in there.

Slightly annoyed having to visit twice but the dealership has a games room (pool table and Xbox) and free coffee and homemade cakes so can't really complain :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts