Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a tight squeeze to get my 3008 into my garage, the front camera only comes on for a short time, it would make it much easier if you could turn on the front camera, say via the screen.I no there are parking sensors but I have to get closer than the range of the sensors.This on button could be disabled above a certain speed in the same way the doors lock automatically .
Anyone else think this feature would be helpful ??

·
Registered
631 Posts
Car symbol piano key and choose visual park assist ... Job Done

·
Registered
957 Posts
just delete this thread the button is already there

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
957 Posts
Where is the button then !!!!
Like Nate said, press the Car piano key, and the first option in the list is the Visual Parking Assistance.

That activates the front camera, and it stays ON until you go over a certain speed limit.

The reverse gear activates this also when back in neutral, but like you said, the camera is ON only for a few seconds.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like Nate said, press the Car piano key, and the first option in the list is the Visual Parking Assistance.

That activates the front camera, and it stays ON until you go over a certain speed limit.

The reverse gear activates this also when back in neutral, but like you said, the camera is ON only for a few seconds.

Thanks for your help much appreciated

·
Registered
175 Posts
I was doing some investigation regarding this. I have plan to:
add to CAR button, when short pressed, function that will activate that front camera view
simultaneously the visual assistance unit will be cheated by limiting speed information on CAN, so the picture will stay, even with higher speed
next short press will change rear camera and vice versa
CAR button pressed longer will exit (as well as reverse gear) this mode
CAR button when long pressed will get me to menu, as it should be

I have tested it so it works, but needs a bit of tweaking of short press and long press durations and so on

·
Registered
957 Posts
You have the source code of the Firmware?

·
Registered
175 Posts
No no, i programmed Teensy to act as a can gw between car and the piano module and visual parking assistance.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Aha ok, I understand. Can you make a version which disables the Start/Stop function on long press of the car piano key?

·
Registered
175 Posts
That would be possible, if you put the gw between NAC and car as NAC is originator of the informationj.
Technically yes, Teensy is powerful enough to forward and process all the messages coming from car and vice versa.
What i haven't tested is how fast, after car wakes up the communication on CAN starts. Teensy needs 300 ms to start.
This I need to test.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Very nice setup :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Teensy gets nicely to sleep 5 seconds after CAN comm stops. Current consumption in sleep mode around 5 mA. When CAN comm begins, Teensy wakes up and forwards the traffic.

·
Registered
631 Posts
By the time you find everything out we all will have moved onto new models lol

Reactions: noddy-hol

·
Registered
957 Posts
Excellent. You should really think about making a nice and compact packaging for the Teensy, I am sure you could sell it on Ebay.
How small can the teensy board be?
How easy is the installation?

You could make several models for different car brands. I would be your first customer, since I hate the Stop&Start system, it is the dummest feature ever invented.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts