Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone give me any advise on the removal of my front bumper 307 2.0 hdi on a 52 plate). I am intending to carry out a repair to my ABS pump which is located behind the bumper on the left hand side.
Any help would be greatfully recieved.

·
Registered
18 Posts
its no too hard really , ive just removed mine to place in some halo headlights,

1. remove bolts from each side of the front wheel arches using 10mm bit
2. remove any plastic clips from underneath the front bumper that hold the cover under neath
3. under the bonnet, remove the two screw near the front of the headlamps and the four plastic clips on the top grill near the bonnet release catch using a flat screwdriver(watch your eyes cause they can be quite stiff) or cover your hand over them or even alternativly pull it out using your hands at each end and they should pop out with some force.
4. now for the tricky or hardest bit, at the wheel arches were the bumper connects to the side wings your gona have to use some force to pull these out as it is quite stiff, i got hold of a plastice scraper and pushed it between the gap, done use metal cos you will make a mess of the edge, and give a pull and eventually it should clip out from the side, you just have to be a bit rough.
5. now all you should have to do is just pull out the front part near the bonnet release catch and you done

hope this helps, am sure you will work out putting it back on, and also keep an eye on your plastic clips cos they can do runner some times and another tip, dont do it on the pavement, do it on grass or something underneath the bumper , am sure you will figure out why???

·
Registered
3 Posts
brilliant, just what I was looking for :)

Was looking on here for a guide to fitting headlights, I guessed it was a bumper off job, just wanted to make sure.

One thing......

I take it you need to get your new headlights alligned after fitting?

Or is there a way of doing it yourself, I was thinking garage door and some chalk?

·
Registered
2 Posts
307 front bumper remove

Hi,
Anyone able to help me do the right thing with a 307 front bumper removal. I have an overheating problem on my 1.4 petrol vehicle, and have established that the electric fan isn't working. The coolant temperature sensor switch has been renewed, but the fan does not work after prolonged static engine running. I need to take a look at the electric fan behind the bumper. I have removed virtually everything so far but cannot understand what I need to do with the forward wing to bumper clips, and they are holding the bumper on still. Can anyone advise on exactly what I need to do to release these clips please. The Haynes manual refers to a metal rod, bent at 90 deg at one end, which is used to "pull down" the 2 clips either side...
I am clueless at the moment.
Thanks for any advice
Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you Terry. An informative how to, which did make me smile when the fella decided to mute a small section of the video because I think he was beginning to lose his patience with the job.
The bumper is now off, but some minor fastener damage has occurred in the process. Hopefully I'll get those pieces replaced.
Turns out that the cooling fan works, after I connected up some wiring directly to it. So I am now moving on to investigate the coolant fan relays.
Thanks again,
Mike

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
There are two fan speeds that work when required, low speed and high speed. I had a fault on my car and it was on the high speed circuit with a broken wire. Each speed is controlled by its own relay so its highly unlikely both relays to be u/s. Best to use a slave 12 volt battery and plug it into the disconnect point at the lh end of the front of the car. There are two disconnects. One is for the power feed to the fans and the other is the control wiring for the relays. My break in the wiring was in the control circuit up stream of the connection point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.