Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I've changed my front discs and pads today but I have a prob,
When I put the passenger side back together one on the two bolts that hold the calliper in just don't hold :(
The bit that it goes into has next to no thread! It pulls out and has a rubber sleeve on it.
Now can I buy just this part or will I have to go to a scrapyard?
O and in my scrapyard they only have 206, 306, 406 and a 406 will any of them be the same size?
Hope people understand what I'm trying to say lol
Thanks all

·
Registered
412 Posts
caliper

do you mean the the bolts that go into the guides that have the rubber boot and threads in the end see picture (the silver parts)...

if so then you may well have to get new ones , you should get new bolts with the pads !

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you mean the the bolts that go into the guides that have the rubber boot and threads in the end see picture (the silver parts)...

if so then you may well have to get new ones , you should get new bolts with the pads !

What pic??
Yes the Guide part that the bolt goes into it
I didn't get any new bolts with the pads :(

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
on the back of the pin. theres a 15mm part. this should tighten but ive had a few pugs where ive had to hold it while doing up the bolts

try a spanner to hold it then tighten the nut

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
on the back of the pin. theres a 15mm part. this should tighten but ive had a few pugs where ive had to hold it while doing up the bolts

try a spanner to hold it then tighten the nut
I've tried mate it just don't tighten,
It's holding but just will not nip up at all :(
I need to know if you can buy just the pin bit or not

·
Registered
437 Posts
Just don't get WD40 or anything like that on the rubbers that are on the pins. If you do, they'll swell and seize inside the slider recess'.

I plan on using brake assembly grease which I'll probably find on eBay too :thumb:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well the auto factors don't sell them and I rang pug but what a shock they want over £40 for them :eek:
So I will just have to wait for the delivery off eBay £14 :thumb:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I have to say I had the best eBay service as I ordered the sliders and next day they came :thumb:
So £14 off eBay was a shed load better than £40 odd pound from pug + fuel..:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts