Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced a front abs sensor after the abs/esp lights came on and a diagnostic showed a fault. I still have an intermittent fault - abs fault lights come on after driving a mile or less. My mechanic friend is pretty good and suggests the abs ring is perhaps the problem.
I don't like the idea of "it might solve the problem" and wonder if others have any suggestions.
Car a 308 - 2011 1.6 hdi with 50k on the clock

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Either you haven't seated the sender properly and the gap between that and the magnetic ring is too great, or there is a problem with that ring. You didn't use a screwdriver between the hub and sender to lever it out did you? Garage did that to mine and mucked up the ring in the process.
From memory the ABS magnetic ring here is a part of the wheel bearing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks Brian both front sensors have now been changed...pretty sure its the drivers side abs ring...so looks like a bearing change....its showing no reading after a new sensor fitted......its got to be something fundamental unless its a wiring fault....:-(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem now solved...sensor gap

I took it to a local garage as I thought it unlikely the sensor ring in the bearing would be at fault.
Garage agreed the drivers side sensor was not picking up a signal properly....they took it for a drive with diagnostic computer plugged in.
This guy knew his fault codes and soon found that the gap between the sensor and the sensor ring was too wide...
He made an adjustment (not sure how) but problem solved.
Charged me £45 quid for the diagnostic and 1/2 hr labour to fix it.
I'm more than pleased with the outcome.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
You can end up with some rust on the carrier which prevents the ABS sensor from seating properly.
It's possible that was your original problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts