Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I have 306 1.6liters 88hp 8v with NFZ head and from 2 and a half monts i look i search themes for that, is it possible to replace NFZ head with NFT( which is 98hp). The engine blocks are similar, and you know the engine code is TU5JP, but that what i learned is that the horsepower of NFT head is bigger than the power of NFZ with 10 horses. So my question is is it possible NFT head on block with NFZ head originally without diguises nothing.
I look for similar themes in my country (Bulgaria) but nothing doesn`t happen.:)

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Seems like no one knows the answer. The oil galleries and water channels may not match up. The mounting holes may not line up. Is it the same camshaft so the valves don't open further than on the original head. A lot of things to take into consideration.

Obvious question is why don't you find the same head and fit that.

I would expect the horse power difference to be due to different ECU mappings for the two different engines rather than being down to the actual head that is fitted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, you`re right. the fuel and ignition system is not same, but why the same block has two different heads. If the difference in power is because ECU maps and systems, no sense of change. This is the cheapest way to increase power, because in Bulgaria the engine tuning is expensive.

·
Registered
14,286 Posts
I know the answer :)

All tu5 engines use basically the same block although from around 2002 the head casting changed and the oil filter was moved to allow for the close coupled cat.

At the same time the intake side was altered and although the heads from later engines will physically fit the manifolds would not unless you want to do a huge amount of extra work.

Easiest and most worthwhile swap is to fit the 16 valve NFU type engine from 206 307 saxo vts etc but you will still have problems with ecu wiring but anything is possible we have a 206 estate with a 406 v6 engine in it :)

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Ok, you`re right. the fuel and ignition system is not same, but why the same block has two different heads. If the difference in power is because ECU maps and systems, no sense of change. This is the cheapest way to increase power, because in Bulgaria the engine tuning is expensive.
I see reliable406 has answered that question! May not turn out to be the cheapest solution after all.

I didn't mention the fuel or ignition systems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand. For swap is better XU engine from GTI (at least for me) because is more powerful than the other 4 cylinder peugeot engines. Maybe the best option for me is porting and polishing the head port, porting throttle, different camsahft, replace exhaust manifold, bigger nozzles, ECU mapping, and lighter crankshaft and lighter flywheel. And this things will increase power with about 20-25hp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts