Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Hi Paul, the thread I occasionally look at is 182 pages long and the general discussion is orders and deliveries with many of the earlier comments about delays. The schedule maintained by one of the members is all over the place with some recent deliveries 4 to 6 weeks from order with some still waiting but I guess one of the problems is once the new 3008 is delivered many members don't bother to return and update their details. Build to delivery is obviously a lot quicker because there is no sea crossing and all that that entails.

The French forum isn't as easy to navigate as ours but I suppose it's what you get used to. One item of interest I found by skimming the threads is the attached photo showing 3D navigation mapping on the dash screen.

Attachments

Reactions: Huge

·
Administrator
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This might seem very stupid questions but should that be on our cars or is it specifically for the continent? Or is it only on the GT/GT Line?
Its on yours too Gill as all, (bar Active trim) get 3D mapping.

If you start a new thread about 3D mapping I'm sure you'll get a few more piccies.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
This is a photo I took of my screen as I left a motorway at an interchange in the country, notice the pretty 3D trees. Earlier at an interchange on the outskirts of a city, a similar image appeared but with 3D buildings randomly placed and having no bearing on the surroundings. Not sure if the same thing happens in the UK. I think the image on the earlier photo must be a semi accurate picture of the 3D map for wherever that person took the picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
This is a photo I took of my screen as I left a motorway at an interchange in the country, notice the pretty 3D trees. Earlier at an interchange on the outskirts of a city, a similar image appeared but with 3D buildings randomly placed and having no bearing on the surroundings. Not sure if the same thing happens in the UK. I think the image on the earlier photo must be a semi accurate picture of the 3D map for wherever that person took the picture.
That picture is a static graphic that is shown when you leave motorway intersections, it shows the trees or buildings to indicate the city or surroundings and more importantly the lanes, to show you which one you need to be in.

The 3D map is different - I've activated mine for 3D, but think the 3D maps do not exist in my part of the world. Perhaps this detail only exists in certain city centres?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
That picture is a static graphic that is shown when you leave motorway intersections, it shows the trees or buildings to indicate the city or surroundings and more importantly the lanes, to show you which one you need to be in.
I had the lanes graphics on my Focus Sat Nav and stand alone TomTom but not the 3D buildings and trees as well so this is obviously a new feature. Have you noticed this on your travels JupiterMan?

·
Registered
544 Posts
I wonder if mines still pretty basic because it's still TMC as I thought I'd activated the 3D bit but hadn't really noticed much difference!

·
Registered
276 Posts
I went to see Iron Maiden last night ( Awesome BTW ) in Leeds and when i went past the train station the 3D graphics actually showed Bridge water place as it actually is in shape which i thought was amazing detail, maybe it`s because the building is infamous for killing people ??? i don`t know.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi Stuart. Do you know if the 3D graphics part of the Live Services, or are they built into the Tom Tom mapping, and will remain if you do not renew the subscription?
Not sure Lee, i was quite disappointed with the display until i realized you had to turn the 3D on in the settings, not sure why it only shows buildings on the dash view though and not the center screen, maybe i`m missing something. I think it must be taking the data from the live services as i cannot see TomTom factoring in certain buildings in city's into the mapping.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.