Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening All trust we're all enjoying the .... erm ... rain :nono:

Heres a strange on for you all on my way into work today I got about 1 mile down the road and noticed the fuel gauge drop from to 3/4 full to empty then immediately go back up to 1/2 full?? at the same time the display on the dash went through the check sequence ie service indicator oil level etc. I have since turned off the ignition and waited for the BSI to go to sleep then restarted the engine still the same fuel showing 1/2 full! Now has anyone come accross something like this before or was I abducted by aliens and they stole 1/4 a tank of my diesel then let me go on my way or is there a big breakdown around the corner? :eek:

Cheers Chaps

·
5,027 Posts
sounds like water has got into a connection/plug somewhere

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds like water has got into a connection/plug somewhere

Cool Trem Ill Have a look, any ideas where or just have a poke about

on occasion mine will stay on empty even after i fill up. thats as close as ive gotten to gremlins.
Aha glad you have had a similar fault I was worried I would have to check incase I had been Probed :eek:

·
5,027 Posts
could be anywhere, have you still got an undertray ??

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Now has anyone come accross something like this before
Yes happened to me a couple of times, I cleaned up earths first after a month or two battery failed, replaced battery and it hasn't happened since. But if memory serves me right ant you just fitted a new battery?

Peugeot Planet owner, Doncaster

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
could be anywhere, have you still got an undertray ??
I still Have most of it the previous owner had managed to loose most of it so its help up with zip ties etc :lol:

Yes happened to me a couple of times, I cleaned up earths first after a month or two battery failed, replaced battery and it hasn't happened since. But if memory serves me right ant you just fitted a new battery?

Peugeot Planet owner, Doncaster
Yeah the other week after Gibbo hooked her up to planet its just strange that the fuel gauge is still reading 1/2 hopefully when I go back out all will be good again as it will have sat there for over 8 hours failing this i may try a BSI reset

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you tried opening fuel cap to let the system reset?
Funny you should say that I went out at hometime and couldnt see anything obvious at all so as the gauge was still showing 1/2 full i decided to put some fuel in I put in £20 and I now have a nearly ful tank? should of only gone up by a 1/4. So I guess Ill just wait and see how I get on as the gauge is working and everything seem ok. Perhaps it was just the cars time of the month or something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts