Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well recently you may have heard i bought the Ford equivalent of planet called Ford VCM IDS.

now having fully installed it, and messed on with it i can now safely say it works like a charm.

i hooked up my car first and found no faults at all :rolleyes: so i decided to play with the test options, to get a neighbour coming out and asking me to stop testing the horn... well its not my fault it tests every bulb, lock, wiper, window and horn when i click full self test. i even managed to find out where to change setting to install other options such as cruise control, auto lights etc the list is massive.

then i hooked up the fiesta, well it had 3 codes listed under history. i wrote them down and cleared them, will keep an eye out if they return. but anyways yeah i found the same as above, loads of test options, activations etc etc.

so in my opinion well worth the money... now to stick "DOCTOR FORD" on the side of my car and make a few bob diagnosing fords, mercury, lincolns, mazdas, landrover, jaguars (yeah i know 2 are yanks)

heres the link to buy:Ford VCM IDS for Ford / Mazda /Jaguar and Landrover_Professional Diagnostic Tools_Car Diagnostic Tools_Auto Scanner Tools_Auto Diagnostic Tools,Codes Reader,Auto Software, Key Programmer Suppliers from China-OBD2TOOl

soon as i get the chance i will get some screenshots and maybe a video.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Just ordered mine john good call!
I forgot to ask, if you have a moment can you check it does pcm calibration and pump and pilot learn, it should do .
::):
Thanks

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
right after a few conversations with loot and me growing a pair of bollocks to go messing on with my PCM i decided to do an update :eek:

at first i chickened out, but did a few searches on youtube and found videos showing how to do updates. so i regained my confidence and went for it.

well the results....were very outstanding. im impressed.

the car now feels smoother, the engine seems quieter and seems to be kicking out more MPG (only 1 or 2)

the update itself says - solves high temp stability

yeah whatever that means :lol: but it must have other updates included which it didnt tell me as i say its seems a new car.

so not to brag but it seems ford include update files (calibrations) in their software unlike the cheese eating surrender monkeys (french)...if they did this i bet half of the problems would be solved....mind you 99% of custom would probably disappear as well :lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ford Ids

Hi John. This is an old post now but do you still have the VCM machine ? If you do any chance I can borrow / rent or hire you to switch on the cruise control and rear speakers in my 60 plate fiesta ??

TY in advance :thumb:

Or any one know where I can go in the North east, i asked my local auto electrics place to turn on my cruise control and they just looked at me like i was a mad man?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts