Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone else is having an issue with the position of the footrest next to the clutch. I find my foot catches it when using the clutch. I have to put my foot slightly right of centre of the pedal to avoid it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Yes I have the same problem. I've learnt to reposition my foot but it still catches me out sometimes. I think the footrest should be 1/2" narrower.

·
Registered
838 Posts
The footrest in the pre 2017 model was just the same but I got used to that one after a while and don't have a problem now.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm having real issues with this, I have fairly large (size 12) feet and I find I'm hitting the footrest all the time and am unable to fully depress the clutch. If I move my foot over to avoid the footrest I end up slaming on the brakes when I'm trying to change gear. I'm hoping that there's some way to remove the damn thing otherwise I'm going to be looking for another car pretty soon.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Footrest

I had the same issue when i had a test drive, mentioned it to the salesman and he said it could be removed without too much of a problem, no idea if he was correct but anyone having issues worth asking service dept ?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had the same issue when i had a test drive, mentioned it to the salesman and he said it could be removed without too much of a problem, no idea if he was correct but anyone having issues worth asking service dept ?
I had a quick look this morning, hoping to be able to rip the damn thing out, but it appears to be moulded into the carpet, wonder what the depreciation is like on a 2 week old 3008 with 200 miles on the clock!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I had a quick look this morning, hoping to be able to rip the damn thing out, but it appears to be moulded into the carpet, wonder what the depreciation is like on a 2 week old 3008 with 200 miles on the clock!
I have a PDF from Peugeot Servicebox, showing instructions on how to fit the accessory aluminium footrest (for left hand drive cars). The diagram shows that the old footrest unclips, you bin it and fit the new aluminium one in its place. It maybe that it is different, because our cars are right hand drive.

If you PM me your email address, I'll email it through.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I posted a while ago that as an experiment, I obtained a quote from webuyanycar.com for my month old GT. They offered me £50!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just a quick update. My car went in for it's 1 month check today and I discussed the issue I was having with the footrest. After much deliberation their solution? Trade it in for a GT auto and take a £12k hit on depreciation on a 4 week old car.

I've just written to Peugeot CC to see if they can suggest anything, if not it's out with the Stanley knife and I'll buy a new carpet when I sell it on.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I do love the positive and pragmatic approach of our Peugeot dealers!

How is that a proper solution for keeping its customer happy? It really frustrates me, this kind of answer.

I am afraid that most Peugeot dealers are quite simply just fitters. If its not listed how to do it on the Peugeot Service Box system, then they don't know or can't be bothered to come up with an alternative.

I am sure there will be a way (albeit not anything official of course). Ultimately, it is your car to do as you wish with. If it were me, I would speak with a good local independent garage with some actual mechanics who could take a look at the issue and advise.

Reactions: Jill and Diamonddec

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Just a quick update. My car went in for it's 1 month check today and I discussed the issue I was having with the footrest. After much deliberation their solution? Trade it in for a GT auto and take a £12k hit on depreciation on a 4 week old car.

I've just written to Peugeot CC to see if they can suggest anything, if not it's out with the Stanley knife and I'll buy a new carpet when I sell it on.
I realise it's not a viable option for you but my WBAC revised quote for my GT meant a £9k loss on the list price so either your dealer is a crook or your car has a shed load of extras.

·
Registered
121 Posts
My car has pretty much all of the factory fit options:

Smart tailgate /w keyless entry
Grip Control
Focal HiFi
Visio Park 2

... Oh and roof bars :)

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
My car has pretty much all of the factory fit options:

Smart tailgate /w keyless entry
Grip Control
Focal HiFi
Visio Park 2

... Oh and roof bars :)
That was my original choice, - Grip + Pano roof, worked out about the same, price wise, as the GT so no competition, although I didn't particulary want an auto or 180HP. I have fairly large feet so in view of your experience, I'm glad I went for the GT and now I've driven an automatic I don't think I'll ever go back to a manual.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Six weeks on and I still haven't been able to adapt to the clutch pedal and footrest position in the GT-Line, so I've just ordered a GT automatic.

Despite my earlier misgivings about the local dealership they have treated the issue very sympathetically and, with the help of Griffin cars and DDS have done me an extremely good deal on the new car which means that I won't be out of pocket. Credit where credit is due.:thumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts