Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

My first posting. Just took delivery of my 1.2 GT-Line in Ultimate Red. I am still ploughing through the 500 page user guide to familiarise myself with the car!

Just wondered if anyone had had an issue with the rear hatch closing when using the foot-kick method. Occasionally when I use the foot-kick method, nothing happens except two bleep sounds and the indicator lights flash.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Hi Wolfie

I can open mine fine by waving my foot but find closing hit and miss, so tend to use the button rather than look ridiculous to passers-by.

·
Registered
34 Posts
A WARNING I posted shortly after I got my car.
Just had a bad experience today with the automatic boot, as I now have a 2-inch gash on my head!
I was at a garden Centre and just loading the boot and had some bags of compost on the ground. A lady in another car was trying to get turned round and I kicked the bag out of her way. The next thing I know I am hit on the head with boot lid and apart from swearing I then put my hand to my head and realised I was pouring with blood!
Not a good experience and all I can think is that the bag that I had pushed with my foot had activated the boot automatically. The boot did stop but not before leaving me with a very bad cut to my head.
This is just a warning to others to be very careful I know it was probably my fault however someone that is older and more frail may have had a lot worse experience.
I have now disabled mine from the automatic foot operation as I have found it very hit and miss anyway.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
A WARNING I posted shortly after I got my car.
Just had a bad experience today with the automatic boot, as I now have a 2-inch gash on my head!
I was at a garden Centre and just loading the boot and had some bags of compost on the ground. A lady in another car was trying to get turned round and I kicked the bag out of her way. The next thing I know I am hit on the head with boot lid and apart from swearing I then put my hand to my head and realised I was pouring with blood!
Not a good experience and all I can think is that the bag that I had pushed with my foot had activated the boot automatically. The boot did stop but not before leaving me with a very bad cut to my head.
This is just a warning to others to be very careful I know it was probably my fault however someone that is older and more frail may have had a lot worse experience.
I have now disabled mine from the automatic foot operation as I have found it very hit and miss anyway.
That's the second time this has happened. It also happened to another of our members not so long back. Apologies.... forgotten who.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts