Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 407 is starting to pee me off. It constantly suffers misty front and rear windows. Not the sides at all. I've checked the carpets for wet, and in the boot. Nothing. Although, behind one of the boot panels on the passenger side, there was a little bit of condensation on the inside of the wing.
It was that bad earlier, there was large spots of water on the windscreen. I had to go and get a cloth and wipe it. It seems to creep up the passenger side of the windscreen first to me. Whether that points to anything, I've No idea.
It had a new air con condenser not long ago, could they have cocked something up?. Anyway, if it doesn't get better soon it will be going back!

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've read on various places about the top most dash vents being open to the outside permanent? So I decided to cover them over with some newspaper.
Now I went to check just now, and no mist. So I've taken the paper away, I'm going to check again soon.
I may have to be bothering the local Robins and Day very soon.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where abouts is the recirc flap on the 407?. I knew where it was on my 406, but no idea on the 407s. I can hear something moving when I use the button on the dash, but with it being French, thats no guarantee of it actually doing anything!. For all I know it's priming the rear oil dispensors, or rotating the number plates.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing at all this morning. First time in weeks. Been raining nearly all night, so it can't be leaking.
The newspaper thing didn't really expose anything. Only thing I did was close the large vent on the top of the dash. Normally have that open.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, nothing since I posted this thread. Then today with the sun on it. It did it again. I changed the cabin filter a couple of hours ago anyway. That might sort it as it was minging, failing that, I wonder if it could be something to do with the leather??
Boot isn't wet, rear carpet isn't wet, front footwells aren't wet. In fact nothing feels wet. Even pulled up the sill trims and the carpet in the front.

·
Registered
909 Posts
i get the same issue with mine, but doesnt sound as bad as yours. Mine happens when i first jump in the car and start it, but after less than 30 seconds its gone. Its going to sound daft but have you made sure all your windows are up properly. I know i have a water issue in my spare wheel well, last owner drilled two holes in the bottom.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts