Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 PEUGEOT 307 S HDI 90 and for the last couple of weeks, I have noticed my battery going low and the car has been very difficult to start in the mornings. I've had to have it jump started a couple of times and completely recharged the battery once but the battery kept draining.

I had no idea what could be causing it and presumed it was the battery or alternator but I have just been told by a neighbour that my fog lights have been intermittently turning on throughout the night whilst the car is locked.

Does anybody have any idea what could be causing this? I have read up on it as much as I can and have found a couple of posts from people with newer cars that have auto fog lights but these lights are manual and really should not be turning on by themself?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I would start by looking for any water in the looms, front light clusters and rear. I would not think that it is the switch, as the fog lights shouldn't come on with the switch when the engine is off?

As a quick fix you could remove the fog light bulbs, although this won't fix the issue, it will stop your battery draining overnight!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would start by looking for any water in the looms, front light clusters and rear.
Thank you for the speedy reply. I should point out that I am not great with engines. To be honest I'm not even sure what looms and clusters are... How do I go about checking them?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Thank you for the speedy reply. I should point out that I am not great with engines. To be honest I'm not even sure what looms and clusters are... How do I go about checking them?
what he means is your wiring and connector plugs also look for water in and around your fog lights etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts