Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2007 Peugeot 206 look.

I had my MOT yesterday and they said they got as far as checking the lights and got it up on the ramp before noticing a big oil leak and stopping the test at that point.

Firstly, they said that upon checking the fog light there was an issue (did not disclose what the issue was) and to fix it they need to change something that is attached to the airbag via a squib and would have to replace the lot costing upwards of £350. I’ve spoken to a few people that know more about cars than I do (currently working in a pub and there are a few mechanics that come in every day) and they think it’s bogus and the garage is trying to rip me off. Any experiences relating to this that anyone has would be very useful!!!

Secondly, the oil leak. It’s on the driver side right at the front. The guy said it’s a constant drip but there is very little trace of oil where I park my car so I feel this was an exaggeration. Are there any common causes for oil leaks on this model that people know of just to give me a rough guide so I know if I’m being ripped off when I take it to get fixed? Or do the (seemingly magic) Stop Leak things actually work and could this be worth giving a go?

Any advice would be very gratefully received!!
Thank you

·
Registered
24 Posts
Olá, eu tenho um 206 2001 sem a luz de uma milha, mas tem um airbag, e o airbag está dentro do carro, a luz de uma milha está do lado de fora do carro. teoricamente, sem olhar para o carro, o farol de milha não tem conexão com o airbag, pois os dois estão em lugares diferentes.
no óleo pode vazar de muitos lugares, o volante do meu carro fica do lado esquerdo e do lado direito pode vazar óleo da direção hidráulica ou do motor, dá para ver se tem muito óleo no motor protetor, às vezes o óleo pode cair e ficar nessa proteção ... se o motor passou da temperatura de 90 graus, às vezes pode vazar óleo do motor porque quando esquenta pode queimar a junta do motor e vazar óleo, mas veja se a bomba da direção hidráulica está suja de óleo e não há falta de óleo no reservatório da direção hidráulica, se houver pouco óleo da direção hidráulica significa que o vazamento é dela e não do motor

1 - 2 of 2 Posts