Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

I noticed my left Back Fog Lamp is not working so I opened it all up.
The bulb is fine but the live wire is missing. I found it about 2 inches down cut and taped an live all the time.
I gather this was the "easy fix" for a permanently burning fog lamp.

I don't think I will try piece that out.

Would it work if I bridged a live from the right hand fog lamp (the working one) and connected it to the plug that has the missing live for the lamp on the left? Would there be enough current to supply both bulbs?

Thanking in advance!

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
There would definitely be enough current but the question would be - is the fuse, relay and wiring capable of supplying two bulbs. The cable 'should' be fine, the relay and fuse might not be.

·
Registered
441 Posts
If I changed the bulbs for LED bulbs would I be able to run both bulbs on one circuit?

Thanks
Depending on the actual design of the bulb - seen some amber LED bulbs for indicators that draw enough to satisfy the relay to not hyperflash w/o using external resistor to load the relay. Also clearly stated not for use other than as in indicators (suspect it'd overheat pretty quickly if on permanent)

But most LED bulbs meant to replace a white 21W Ba15s bulb (guessing that's what's used) should draw less than half of the incandescent one, so should be OK for the one supply to feed two LED bulbs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts