Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I was wondering if anyone can shed a little light (sorry) on a problem that's suddenly developed with my fog lamps. After years of working properly they suddenly decided that a twist of the stalk in one direction would switch them on just fine but a twist in the opposite direction wouldn't cancel them. To switch them off I need to switch the engine off and start her again.I suppose I know that it's probably a case for changing the stalk (sounds expensive) but I thought I'd ask you guys first in the forlorn hope I've missed something, like a dodgy relay or something. I assume the airbag would need to come out to change the stalk?

·
5,027 Posts
this has happened before but i caan't remember the outcome, BUT you've come to the right place because one of our members (trustme) repairs the comms unit for around £30 :thumb: so not expensive if it is that. Also put your location in your profile so we know whereabouts you are,makes it easier to help you.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Hi. I was wondering if anyone can shed a little light (sorry) on a problem that's suddenly developed with my fog lamps. After years of working properly they suddenly decided that a twist of the stalk in one direction would switch them on just fine but a twist in the opposite direction wouldn't cancel them. To switch them off I need to switch the engine off and start her again.I suppose I know that it's probably a case for changing the stalk (sounds expensive) but I thought I'd ask you guys first in the forlorn hope I've missed something, like a dodgy relay or something. I assume the airbag would need to come out to change the stalk?
when you say they stay on does the light on the dash also stay on if so then yes it the comms unit and I would need to know the make to know if it can be fixed if the light does not stay on on the dash but the fog lights do then its not your comms unit, you could always turn all your lights off then back on as this should also turn your fog lights off that then save turning engine off

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I'm in Caernarfon in North Wales which I'll go and add to my profile.
The dash fog lamp lights stay on along with the fog lamps themselves. I'm not sure I've tried switching the lights off as I usually have them on automatic but I'll give that a try.
Possibly a silly question but where is the comms unit?

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Thanks guys. I'm in Caernarfon in North Wales which I'll go and add to my profile.
The dash fog lamp lights stay on along with the fog lamps themselves. I'm not sure I've tried switching the lights off as I usually have them on automatic but I'll give that a try.
Possibly a silly question but where is the comms unit?
the comms unit is the indicators, wipers, radio stalk if you have one, cruise stalk if you have one and airbag wires to drivers airbag

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah OK, that makes sense. I just tried what you suggested and switching off the main lamps doesn't switch off the fog lamps, I have to physically switch the ignition off to cancel them.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Ah OK, that makes sense. I just tried what you suggested and switching off the main lamps doesn't switch off the fog lamps, I have to physically switch the ignition off to cancel them.
it possibly could be the fuse box under the bonnet or the comms unit, you could get it on planet and do an actuate test on fog lamps to test under bonnet fuse box and you can look at live data for comms unit commands to see if its that

·
Registered
8 Posts
it possibly could be the fuse box under the bonnet or the comms unit, you could get it on planet and do an actuate test on fog lamps to test under bonnet fuse box and you can look at live data for comms unit commands to see if its that
G'Day All
I have Exactly the same problem on a 2006 307 cc WHICH I need HELP with. I turn front fogs on with rotary switch in stalk forward then turn again forward and front fogs stay ON, same for rear by turning stalk rotary switch rearward and rearward again, they go ON and stay ON
Both the Instrument warning lights are lit.
I need to switch off car to turn off Foggies front and rear OFF, a bit inconvenient.
So you say its not the stalk switch but the Comms unit?
I've seen a wiring schematic (NOTE this is from 206, I could find 307 wiring), there seems to be a front foggy relay in engine fuse box which could only operate like flip/flop relay when you power the relay momentarily the relay switches contacts on then power it momentarily again the switch turns off BUT the rear Foggy appears to operate directly from Stalk switch

Can Anybody Point me in the right direction to look

Allan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts