Peugeot Forums banner

241 - 254 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for this great mod. I've managed to replace my speakers (all four of them [twitters are still stock]) during this weekend. I've also improved soundproofing. I've covered internal side of door with butyl mats and plugged all the holes (except those ment to drain water out :) ) P308 with stock soundproofing was quite silent but now it's noticeably better, and the sound from FOCAL speakers is just a massive improvement. Now it's finally a pleasure to listen some music inside :)

Door-0.jpg Door-1.jpg

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
Thanks for this great mod. I've managed to replace my speakers (all four of them [twitters are still stock]) during this weekend. I've also improved soundproofing. I've covered internal side of door with butyl mats and plugged all the holes (except those ment to drain water out :) ) P308 with stock soundproofing was quite silent but now it's noticeably better, and the sound from FOCAL speakers is just a massive improvement. Now it's finally a pleasure to listen some music inside :)

View attachment 88110 View attachment 88111
Pleased you're happy with the result mate.

For the stock price of these speakers I don't understand why Peugeot chose to put such rubbish ones in from the factory!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
229 Posts
FYI - I have ordered the proper door clips from Peugeot today to replace the ebay specials I purchased when making the speaker change last year.

I'm sure most wouldn't be as foolish as me, but my advice is to use the slightly thicker/stronger clips from Peugeot than from any other outlet. The cheaper versions break very easily and leave the cabin to become a rattling mess!

You have been warned.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I would say the ones I purchased off eBay looked very similar but when I inspected them (Now, not before unfortunately), the plastic is of a slightly lesser quality and slightly thinner.

Additionally, the circumference of the white circle part is a little smaller.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have bought them directly from Peugeot @24 EUR/pc. Anyone who's interested can check their local peugeot dealer to get a price.

241 - 254 of 254 Posts