Peugeot Forums banner

221 - 240 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I would avoid using sound deadening felt anywhere near the bottom of the door. It's bound to get wet and retain the moisture, just waiting to rot the bottom out of the door.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
Does anyone know of a reliable supplier for these as they don't appear to be listed at peugeotpartsdirect.com any more and I don't want to take a punt with dodgy Ebay ones.
The link is updated so they're available to buy still.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm ready for assembly ...
Tweeters + Middle will try to connect with FOCAL ACESS crossover, I will let you know how my observations.
I will leave the subwoofer for later. Set from 3008.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everybody. I am looking for a datasheet with specification for the focal speaker 9809350880 from the first post. Can someone help me or know exactly what the focal speaker is called?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everybody. I am looking for a datasheet with specification for the focal speaker 9809350880 from the first post. Can someone help me or know exactly what the focal speaker is called?
I think is mission imposible ;/
There is certainly a different impedance compared to the stock speaker

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
The Focal tweeter speaker dont have a built in capacitor fitted to act as the cross over as there designed to work with the Focal amp.

The standard factory fit tweeters are more then good enough.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Soldering a capacitor is not a problem, I also care about the appearance with these speakers it will be nicer only if it will play well in this place.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I purchased my Focal speakers before I had even bought a 308 GTI or listened to the sound system as I had heard the standard system is pretty poor.

I now wish I had waited before purchasing the Focal speakers as I had not realised at the time that some models, like the GTI, come with a Denon DSP amplifier in the boot. I am guessing this offers some form of amplification over and above the non-DSP system, but less than the full on Denon upgrade. The latter has a DSP amplifier in the same location, albeit with a different part number, so probably more powerful.

I must say I was quite impressed with what I was hearing from this DSP system, so the Focal upgrade hasn't been quite the upgrade I had hoped for. I suspect the impedance of the Focal speakers is different as it's not as loud as with the original speakers or as vibrant, as I have had to increase the treble to compensate. I used to listen with the volume around 14 but now it's around 20 for a similar volume with the Focal speakers.

They are in no way bad and they are certainly clear without distortion but in my opinion it is not much of an upgrade if you already have the DSP system.

What has made a difference is a small Focal active underseat sub, which is placed in the spare wheel well and is plenty powerful, even with the gain turned down. Input is taken from the Hi level rear speaker channels at the DSP via a tiny Focal line out converter, which also provides the remote switch on for the amp as it's an old sub without remote sensing. Current subs won't need the remote and will have both HI and low level inputs, so no need for the LOC.

Hopefully the above is of some help to those thinking about either a speaker upgrade on the DSP system or the addition of an active sub.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi people I wanted to connect amp to my peugeot 308 and I have really good Focal speakers and tweeters but sound is terrible because I think some guy from one shop said to me that in peugeot 308 2015 head unit with touch screen gives around 10-15 w per speaker and that nothing,so I have question where to catch signal from head unit to connect amp and active sub,some people saying its possible to catch it from rear door speakers ?Or I need to remove touchscreen ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you have the base system without DSP, you can take a signal from the rear speakers or the back of the SMEG unit.

If you have DSP (I believe all cars with the DYNAMIC button next to the START button have DSP), you will have a small Denon DSP amplifier behind the left hand panel in the boot. You can take either LOW (Black plug) or HI (Blue plug) level signals from here, which is very convenient.

I used these very useful images, found on the web, for the pinout.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you have the base system without DSP, you can take a signal from the rear speakers or the back of the SMEG unit.

If you have DSP (I believe all cars with the DYNAMIC button next to the START button have DSP), you will have a small Denon DSP amplifier behind the left hand panel in the boot. You can take either LOW (Black plug) or HI (Blue plug) level signals from here, which is very convenient.

I used these very useful images, found on the web, for the pinout.

View attachment 87902

View attachment 87903

View attachment 87905
I think I dont have that dsp ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
You need to go into Audio Settings and then Balance. If you have DSP, you will have the option to select either Driver, All Passengers or Front.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes I have that options to change that from front to back or yust driver..But I looked in the left panel in boot only see place where you change light bulb or place where is cap of suspension dont know maybe I dont look good ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
You have to lift up the grey carpet at the side as the amplifier is low down. You will not see it through the bulb access panel.

To remove the grey carpet, you first have to remove the black plastic panel that runs across the boot lip and surrounds the boot lock. You will see 3 x black circular trim clips, which you pull out with a screwdriver. Once you have removed the black trim, you can then lift up the grey carpet on the left hand side.

221 - 240 of 254 Posts