Peugeot Forums banner

201 - 220 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
So, I have successfully completed this upgrade and agree it is very worthwhile, providing more definition and a richer sound. I noticed there is the provision for tweeters in the rear doors of my GTi, and may consider adding these at some stage.

Thank you very much to everyone who went before me, and who kindly answered my noob questions -- that's what makes these forums great. Special thanks to @mark313, @peugeotpartsdirect (fast delivery to Australia!!) and @PaulMillard for his very helpful thread on 308 T9 Door Trim Removal.

Adding to the knowledge based on my experience, you are strongly advised to go to your local dealer (or peugeotpartsdirect.com) and buy at least 24 of the plastic door clips (p/n 9345 ZN -- they come in packets of 8). Some people may be able to remove the door trims without breaking these, but not me. They're really a 'single use' manufacturing item, easy to break but (thankfully) cheap to buy. Buy too many -- you won't regret it!

Next, to replace my SMEG head unit with a NAC unit and implement CarPlay/Android Auto!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all,

I've spoken to Peugeot Direct who said the speakers in question are out of stock and to try Peugeot (Direct).

Does anyone know if there is another recommended source to try whilst i ask my local dealership?

* Part number is 9809350880
* Focal tweeter part number is 9809350780

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
Hi all,

I've spoken to Peugeot Direct who said the speakers in question are out of stock and to try Peugeot (Direct).

Does anyone know if there is another recommended source to try whilst i ask my local dealership?

Can they be put on back order at all?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Hi all,

I wouldn't bother with the Focal tweeter speaker, the standard tweeters are more than good enough.

Plus the Focal tweeter requires modification with soldering a capacitor on to work with a normal 308 head unit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all,

Can they be put on back order at all?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
They first replied on Monday saying they were OOS, but when asked about the back order they said "If you place order today we would receive tomorrow"

So my next question will be how do I make payment when I can't place the order through their site? 😕

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all,

I wouldn't bother with the Focal tweeter speaker, the standard tweeters are more than good enough.

Plus the Focal tweeter requires modification with soldering a capacitor on to work with a normal 308 head unit.
Thanks Lee, saves me a whole heap of trouble and stress 👍

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is the sound better than the standard one's.
Jus a stupid question but the main question is is it worth to do the upgrade?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
The Focal door speakers are a much better overall sound then the standard factory fit 308 speaker.

There a cheap & very easy upgrade as they are 100% direct plug & play.

As for the tweeter, the standard tweeter is decent enough & work well.

The Focal tweeter doesn't have the capacitor cross over soldered on the back of it as its designed to work with the Focal amp.

Its never going to be as good as ticking the Focal system option box when you originally order the car BUT its better then it rolled out the factory.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I agree - It is worth it.

Additionally, if you put a bit of sound deadening material in the doors when you have the door cards off, it makes a difference not only to sound quality but also general road noise within the cabin :thumb:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Does anyone know of a reliable supplier for these as they don't appear to be listed at peugeotpartsdirect.com any more and I don't want to take a punt with dodgy Ebay ones.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Additionally, if you put a bit of sound deadening material in the doors when you have the door cards off, it makes a difference not only to sound quality but also general road noise within the cabin
What sort of materials do you suggest and how would you place it in the door?

I was thinking to buying some of the same material you find in the boots cavities, but i assume this would both be pointless and absorb moisture??

The wife has given the 👍 to get it on order so I know what I'll be up to in on the weekend 🙂

·
Registered
133 Posts

I was thinking to buying some of the same material you find in the boots cavities, but i assume this would both be pointless and absorb moisture??

The wife has given the 👍 to get it on order so I know what I'll be up to in on the weekend 🙂
When I was into car HIFI many years ago Dynamat was what we used. It was adhesive so you could stick to inside of panels etc.

You can get to on EBay. Like this - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DYNAMAT-Sound-Proof-Deadening-Pad-Trunk-Boot-Door-Extreme-1-Sheet-18-x-32/330924222550?hash=item4d0c9ee856:g:--0AAOSwjtZbvzhN

·
Registered
229 Posts

Additionally, if you put a bit of sound deadening material in the doors when you have the door cards off, it makes a difference not only to sound quality but also general road noise within the cabin

Exactly what has been suggested. It can be cut and shaped to suit.

201 - 220 of 254 Posts