Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FOCAL Speaker Upgrade &am p; Removing Door Trims

Hi Everyone

OK so anyone thinking about upgrading their speakers easily with no fuss in their 308 (or 208), look absolutely NO further than this! You can purchase the Focal speakers found in the 3008/5008/508 from Peugeot for an absolute steal!

They cost £28 using th elink below, or £31 direct from Peugeot themselves! An excellent price considering the original ones are almost £50 each and totally inferior!

I can confirm they sound absolutely fantastic compared to the standard speakers. Punchy and deep bass, better mid tones. No distortion. Much better sound range altogether. I have made no changes other than taking the old ones out and putting the new ones directly into place with no changes to wiring either.

I've added a small bit of sound deadening around each speaker to prevent rattles and they're sounding great.

* Part number is 9809350880.
* Price is £28.

* Focal tweeter part number is 9809350780.

*ORDER HERE: https://www.peugeotpartsdirect.co.uk/parts/accessories/sound/peugeot-focal-speaker/

Pictures attached including two in the second post to show how rubbish the originals were. The first three below are the Focal ones.

Anyone looking to upgrade I would absolutely look no further than these! Brilliant speakers. Brilliant sound. Brilliant price! I ordered them and they were ready to collect less than 24 hours later.

A brilliant guide for removing all door trims is written up by PaulMillard, which can be found by completing a search for "308 T9 Door Trim Removal".

Any questions please ask away.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi

Thanks for that, I will almost certainly be doing that myself. How hard was it to actually take the door panels off? Is it pretty simple but awkward or is it a real ballache of a job. Its a shame they never left grilles you could pop off so you can replace the speakers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Interesting post this, I quite fancied upgrading the speakers. I kinda regret not getting the upgraded sound system to start with to be honest...Looks like this could be my summer task. :D

Did you replace all 4?....

I couldn't seem to get the link you posted working though.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi

Thanks for that, I will almost certainly be doing that myself. How hard was it to actually take the door panels off? Is it pretty simple but awkward or is it a real ballache of a job. Its a shame they never left grilles you could pop off so you can replace the speakers.
Hi Mate

Fairly easy but they are on with very effective clips which do require some force to remove the panel from the door. I'd recommend getting some brand new clips from Peugeot and replace them all before refitting. They're 50p each.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting post this, I quite fancied upgrading the speakers. I kinda regret not getting the upgraded sound system to start with to be honest...Looks like this could be my summer task. :D

Did you replace all 4?....

I couldn't seem to get the link you posted working though.
Hi Mate

Yeah I replaced all four. The link refused to work properly but if you search the forum for 308 door trim removal it'll come up.

It is WELL worth doing. Took me an hour to do all four. You'll not get better quality for the price and Focal aftermarket speakers are are £250! Might as well get their specially developed ones to cut out all the hassle.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This has definitely got my attention!

Did you just do main speakers and not the tweeters?
Yes mate just the four speakers. The tweeters could easily be done which I'll do when I'm next off work.

Honestly it's a massive improvement.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yes mate just the four speakers. The tweeters could easily be done which I'll do when I'm next off work.

Honestly it's a massive improvement.

I know what i'm gonna be doing on payday then! :nod::thumb:

The standard speakers are complete garbage and one of mine is dying as it is!

Was tempted by a pioneer set but i'm gonna go for these instead!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know what i'm gonna be doing on payday then! :nod::thumb:

The standard speakers are complete garbage and one of mine is dying as it is!

Was tempted by a pioneer set but i'm gonna go for these instead!
Yeah mate I would massively recommend these. Plus they literally plug straight in! No messing with having to cut wires, door seals, and the rest. Plus I couldn't believe how they are only £32 a speaker!

Like I say I will do the tweeters but at the minute I'm more than impressed with these Focal speakers.

If you need any help give me a shout mate.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I think the radio is the weakest point in my car. If I could get that working reasonably I would be able to see what the sound was like.
Useless dealer says "they are all like that sir".

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think the radio is the weakest point in my car. If I could get that working reasonably I would be able to see what the sound was like.
Useless dealer says "they are all like that sir".
DAB is excellent mate but FM is rubbish. It's the same in my dad's golf. DAB is spot on.

You should notice Bluetooth/USB is a LOT better though.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
My DAB cuts out whenever I select reverse gear, nothing to do with parking sensors muting, it loses signal and has to retune when I start moving forward.
Also FM alters it's stereo image frequently, especially after beeps from the speed cam warning. You can hear it shifting from one side to the other.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My DAB cuts out whenever I select reverse gear, nothing to do with parking sensors muting, it loses signal and has to retune when I start moving forward.
Also FM alters it's stereo image frequently, especially after beeps from the speed cam warning. You can hear it shifting from one side to the other.
Certainly not the case with mine so I'd take it to a dealer mate and insist they look into it.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
And they assure me it's normal for the model. Pug customer services say they back the dealer. Yes I know they don't know what they are talking about. Worked for 40 years as a radio/tv technician. But still hitting the brick wall.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah mine certainly doesn't behave like that mate. They're talking rubbish!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This has definitely got my attention!

Did you just do main speakers and not the tweeters?
Let me know how you get on mate. I'd order them before payday. Incase they're out of stock and have to be ordered in. You don't pay until they come in mate.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Let me know how you get on mate. I'd order them before payday. Incase they're out of stock and have to be ordered in. You don't pay until they come in mate.

Great find Mark!

I had a loan car for 1 month with an upgraded harmon/kardon sound system, didn't think much of it until I got back in my 308.. Now I am definitely getting these!

Did you go into/phone up the dealership to order or can you order online?

I'm assuming the part numbers for the front and rear speaker the same?

Do you happen to have part number for the clips you mentioned previously?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Mate

I ordered them online through a dealer. Or you can ring them up. Where are you based mate?

I'll dig out the clip number for you in a second.

The part number front and back are identical yeah mate.

Cheers

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Mate

I ordered them online through a dealer. Or you can ring them up. Where are you based mate?

I'll dig out the clip number for you in a second.

The part number front and back are identical yeah mate.

Cheers

I'm in Leicester
Thanks, I'll give online a shot later today.
Great, you're a legend!

1 - 20 of 254 Posts