Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give a report if they have this system fitted, is the amplifier FOCAL or other make. From what I have seen , according to experts they are the best speakers made, and the brand fitted in Bentley.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
It's a 12 way 515 watt Focal amplifier with 10 speakers. It's a lot better than the standard stereo, with much better bass and high end reproduction. It also seems to enhance low bit rate recordings, making them sound better than they otherwise would do. I believe that technology is becoming more common in top car stereos. I definitely think it's worth the extra, but really depends how much you enjoy your music.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Focal Sound System

Thanks Lee 789. I have ordered it, but thought price a bit low for a decent system, but it sounds like it may be worth. Did as much research as I could so it was a bit of a gamble initially.Look forward to trying it out i a couple of weeks.....HOPEFULLY!!!, and at least the speakers should be fine, and could change amp if needed. Thanks

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
£600 can get you a very nice upgraded after market speaker and amp set up. The one thing I'm not so happy with is the overall lack of control over sound adjustment with the Focal. Mind you it sounds good enough to me anyway, but some might prefer to be able to fine tune it to their own preferences.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
£600 can get you a very nice upgraded after market speaker and amp set up. The one thing I'm not so happy with is the overall lack of control over sound adjustment with the Focal. Mind you it sounds good enough to me anyway, but some might prefer to be able to fine tune it to their own preferences.
So it's just fade and balance I take it.
There isn't more deep in the settings menu?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Focal factory fitted would have been nicer, standard isn't that bad.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
They talk about an equalizer in the manual, but I haven't yet found one. You can never rely on manuals to apply to all markets, and some of the sub-sub-sub menus on this car are a nightmare to find!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Focal factory fitted would have been nicer, standard isn't that bad.
I was regretting not stumping up the extra for the Focal system but the standard system is better than anything I have had before so I'm really happy.

On a drive yesterday the kids wanted me to play some music and a Little Mix song came on which I quite like as it has some punchy bass so I turned it up and then wife immediately turned it down, now I know why I didn't pay for the Focal system :)

·
Registered
683 Posts
I was regretting not stumping up the extra for the Focal system but the standard system is better than anything I have had before so I'm really happy.

On a drive yesterday the kids wanted me to play some music and a Little Mix song came on which I quite like as it has some punchy bass so I turned it up and then wife immediately turned it down, now I know why I didn't pay for the Focal system :)
Mine would do exactly the same lol

·
Registered
139 Posts
They talk about an equalizer in the manual, but I haven't yet found one. You can never rely on manuals to apply to all markets, and some of the sub-sub-sub menus on this car are a nightmare to find!!
Don't have access to my car at the moment but the standard system definitely has an equalizer so I'd imagine the Focal does too. There are various presets, rock, pop etc and the ability to set a custom one too. I'll post back this evening with instructions.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Thanks, that's all I've managed to find, even though the manual specifically talks about an equalizer that cancels the selected bass and treble settings when used. I'll have to have a further investigation, because I'm sure the Focal system should have more than just basic tone controls.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.