Peugeot Forums banner

181 - 200 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi there, as i mentioned earlier, rear door connector is easy to remove, You have lot of space around when You have front door opened.
That is not the case on front door connector. If You look on last post of @Kalderillo, what i am talking about is clip named b. It is rather easy to press it from the side You are looking at it, but impossible to press it from the other side facing towards front of the car.

I hammered little tool from coat hanger i had laying around:)

PROFORKO_TOOL_3.jpg PROFORKO_TOOL_4.jpg PROFORKO_TOOL_5.jpg PROFORKO_TOOL_6.jpg

From the rest of the coat hanger, i will make door cover clip remover. Everything will be recycled:)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have drawn it myself. So the piece You saw, that is actual colors.
Today i have removed the door connectors. What the hell, what a surgery. Unbelievable. There are two 22 pin connectors. One green, other black.
All are tied to plastic frame on the rubber hose so until You unclip the green one (has the clip next to You, while black has it on the other side) You are not able to remove it. Even then, it is tricky. Luckily, inside car, there is enough cable to pull it out.

I have found out, that i was veeeery generous with cable cross sections of 1,0 mm2. Here the wires are so tiny, it is maximum 0,5 mm2 i believe. So I will have to wire new cables in the doors for the woofer. Maybe i will leave those already there for the tweeters. Fck.

I will post pictures. Damn thats difficult.
PS: completely different pins are there....

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had schematics from servicebox, i mean wiring along with schematics.
So i made in my schema state as it is, then i modified it to as it will be.
Based on that wiring i will choose colors of my new cables.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Good and custom tools. With your permission, I am going to copy the idea to you. Also I bought this to get the pins right.

·
Registered
66 Posts
In the service box you have the specified connectors and pins. You don't need to pay to see them. They are in, after opening and choosing your car model, spare parts catalog, fixing screws and connectors catalog. And you have each pin with the measurements depending on the section of the cable.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well, I will continue investigating, between the two of us we will succeed. On Monday I have to go to the Peugeot for the work car. Let's see if I can find them for me. Luck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Interesting, so the focal gives extra insulation too. To be honest, I think that must be the case due to the strength of the bass, it needs extra security there. I did notice on the standard audio some vibrations in the panels, which hopefully wont develop on the focal.
Unfortunately there is door noise with high bass music with focal which pissed me really

·
Registered
97 Posts
Unfortunately there is door noise with high bass music with focal which pissed me really
Did You not have anything in doors? Any leftovers to resonate? Because that was my case when i had RXH with JBL. If i removed everything, nothing resonated :D
Just a guess.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Is it possible to upgrade the stock 8 inch triple coil subwoofer with a pioneer shallow double coil and then taking the third coil connector as a signal for another amplifier for another 12 inch subwoofer at the back? This subwoofer in the pic is the replacement for the stock focal

181 - 200 of 244 Posts