Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of doing away with the dmf in the wifes 307, and googling solid flywheels and a search of these forums has not found much,
are all the solid flywheels interchangeable across the peugeot citroen range or would i need to look for a 307 rhy code flywheel only?
many thanks for any help, mark.

C

·
0 Posts
Ecp may list/stock a solid conversion they do for my 407 2.0hdi, but they have got very mixed reviews.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Mark I take it your wifes is the RHS engine 2.0 110 HDi ive a solid flywheel kit on mine and the only thing I will say if you put one in you will get a judder when taking off, I have heard some use one from a 90bhp RHY on the RHS and no issues hope this helps:thumb:

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
the 2.0 110bhp has had a conversion kit around for ages.

cheapest way is pick up a 90bhp flywheel from a breakers. new flywheel bolts and a 90bhp clutch

the 1.6 hdi clutchs are out now too

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks very much chaps, would the solid flywheel and clutch from a 206 hdi or a citroen c5 be the same as the 307 rhy 90hp ones? its the same engine is it not?
thanks v much, mark.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Solid is your best option in my opinion. Had mine in for 20,000 miles now and it doesn't feel at all different to my dual mass at 70mph It does judder a bit when pulling off and can sometimes make your gear changes a bit jerky but it's a good change and 90% of the time you won't notice any difference. I put a valeo kit in mine which had the flywheel and clutch with all bolts etc. I did pay alot for it for but loads of people said it was worth it cause mine was getting very broken up.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Got mine converted to a single when my clutch went when I bought the car.

Clutch judder when playing with the clutch. Harsh when changing gears. And horrible to have when in traffic as I think its quite heavy.

But its the cheaper option and apparently more reliable.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Got mine converted to a single when my clutch went when I bought the car.

Clutch judder when playing with the clutch. Harsh when changing gears. And horrible to have when in traffic as I think its quite heavy.

But its the cheaper option and apparently more reliable.
i agree my dual mass is lovely. when i get in my missus car it feels weird but works fine

if they lasted longer it would be a no brainer

·
6,448 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts