Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to fit my smf in place of my dmf today on my 307 2.0 110 HDi. However i noticed that the bolts seem too short for the smf. The mounting face of the smf is about 5mm thicker than the dmf. It looks like the bolts I need are either 20 or 25mm long. I tried to google this but I can only find people selling kits of new bolts but they don’t list the lengths.

Am I right in thinking I need longer bolts? I’ve attached a pic showing how many treads will actually engage if I use the original bolts, it doesn’t seem enough to me??

Attachments

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
I’m sure you need different bolts on a 1.6hdi but I haven’t done a 2.0 in a few years. There’s loads of bolts readily available on eBay

Do you have servicebox sometimes in the descriptions they have the size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's my findings hopefully they will be of use to someone else doing the same conversion as me:

If I put the original bolts in the DMF they protrude 11.7mm

If I put the same bolts in the SMF they only protrude 7.8mm

This means the SMF mounting face is 3.9mm thicker than the DMF so I need bolts that are 4mm longer that the current ones to have the same number of threads engaged.

An original bolt is 17.61mm long, if you ignore the chamfer on it is 17mm long so I need new bolts that are 17+4 = 21mm long. The bolt has a marking of 10.9 on the head.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone know where I could find suitable bolts based on above? I've looked online but I can't only see the shorter DMF length ones for sale.

·
5,863 Posts
Eurocarparts used to sell the flywheel bolts as a standalone set for around £10 (with discount code)

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,567 Posts
They are funny threads not standard metric so you need correct bolts solid flywheels are always thicker than dual mass flywheels.

10.9 relates to bolts tensile strength.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They’re metric fine which isn’t technically a pitch. I’ve ordered a set from Valeo, when they arrive I’ll post the part number here to help others in a similar position

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
FWIW The Japanese love a metric fine bolt to confuse us at work, can always find them in odd places on the Toyota counter balance forklifts when your not expecting a fine thread.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts