Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I was mooching around under the hood of my pug again recently looking forward to Saturday Service and i spotted a wire sitting unplugged in the under bonnet fuse box.

The picture isn't terribly clear but it has a green wire and a purple wire, some green plastic nobbles on the back side, no wires appear to have come loose from it so it must just be those two wires into this plug but it's just connected to nothing at all.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think they're looking white because of the flash, if you look a little higher up the line you might be able to see they're purple and green, the green one enters the plug at the far left, then the purple one next.

I haven't had any errors, is that normal for it being the MAF? Well we had anti pollution fault one time but it went away

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
I think they're looking white because of the flash, if you look a little higher up the line you might be able to see they're purple and green, the green one enters the plug at the far left, then the purple one next.

I haven't had any errors, is that normal for it being the MAF? Well we had anti pollution fault one time but it went away
looks like maf wire to me but im sure they had four or five wires, when I unplugged maf wire on mine and drove no lights came on

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's my confusion. The little green bobbly bits kind of imply that it's only ever been two wires. What the hell is this thing? I'm servicing at the weekend at which point I'll be able to rule in/rule out the MAF.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Services the car over the weekend and it's certainly not the MAF sensor as that's plugged in just fine. I'm totally confused about this plug :confused:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got the 90, don't know if it might be worth a look anyway. The weird thing is that the cable for it isn't very long at all. I don't what it's supposed to be doing haha ?!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've got the 90, don't know if it might be worth a look anyway. The weird thing is that the cable for it isn't very long at all. I don't what it's supposed to be doing haha ?!
Could you possibly take a picture further up the cable for me. Also there should be a code on the connector block or some numbers. I will try and find out what this should be for. Most manufactures put these in for 'extra' equipment as my 206 has one but only a three pin connector for an alarm fitment.

Also on the cables there should be ve+ and ve- marked on the wiring. If you could tell me which colour wiring is marked.

Lastly is the actual connector blanked off or can you see the female pins?

Will help you as best I can. Kind regards Adam. :thumb:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll get answer tomorrow for those. Cheers Adam, it's curiosity more than anything haha

Thanks for your questions anyways mate. You're more than just rice puddings and custard eh

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yes those extra wires and plugs the manufactures put it always baffles me but I always find out what they are actually for to be sure it should not be disconnected.

I will have a look at my neighbours 307 five door 54 plate 1.4hdi and see if he has the same set up.

What I usually do is go up the breakers and try trace from a higher specification car which tends to answer the question. :thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts