Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 sw with the power fold mirrors. When going down the motorway the other day I looked in*** the one on the passenger side and noticed it was flopping about a bit nothing too drastic but annoying all the same. I had a look when I parked up and it moves in & out a little when you touch it. It feels like the cogs or whatever is inside it have worn is there anything I can tighten to stop this or does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this please as I don't like it when stuffs floppy :eek:

·
Registered
146 Posts
I can remember when i had the saloon mine did that, my coupe & every coupe other one I've driven hasn't got this issue, nor has my RCZ.

I doubt there is anything to tighten up as its just the plastics that are wearing out, correct me if im wrong techs?

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
might have just got disconnected slightly. just try pushing the mirror slightly in the center and it may "click" in place.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
might have just got disconnected slightly. just try pushing the mirror slightly in the center and it may "click" in place.
Hi john its not the glass that's floppy its the part of the mirror that holds the glass that would fold in when you lock the car .

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
now i see said the blind man.

i would imagine there would be a bolt or two to hold the mirror and that may have come loose. only way to tell is to take it all apart and investigate.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I think ill break out the spammers at the weekend and see if I can see anything wrong

·
Registered
909 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sunday evenings post - It fell off, f**k

My guess is the same as above, or maybe a nylon washer has worn etc within the hinge.
Im guessin its wobbly as in the whole bit that rotates into the car??

this might be an option
PEUGEOT 407 DOOR WING MIRROR ELECTRIC HEATED LHS N/S 98- SVG553849-1 *NEW* SD7 | eBay
Yep that may be my next move after it falls off and bounces down the road :lol: its the whole bit that rotates in to the car that is floppy! , sorry but that word keeps making me smile everytime I write it childish I know :nono:

·
Registered
44 Posts
i havent seen inside one, mines floppy too, but i suspect it has plastic gears that are worn. just need to pull it apart and have a look see.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi,that is from bulgarian peugeot forum.Dismantle the mirror.Carefully exam were it moves and were is floppy.Drill one or two wee holes on opposite sides.screw wee screws and check the heads are not stopping the mirror from folding.I fixed my mirrors this way.
p.s. Excuse my english please.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
I have an 807 here with a broken mirror well smashed to bits actually

Anyway there is a toothed gear in the support part of the mirror and the motor is in the case of the mirror and it rotates the mirror on the large fixed cog this one just keeps running as the motor cog no longer meshes with the fixed cog and looking at it the plastic has broken allowing it to move away

I recon yours will be similar so sounds like the plastic and gearing has seperated somehow

Might help might not :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,that is from bulgarian peugeot forum.Dismantle the mirror.Carefully exam were it moves and were is floppy.Drill one or two wee holes on opposite sides.screw wee screws and check the heads are not stopping the mirror from folding.I fixed my mirrors this way.
p.s. Excuse my english please.
Hi, I have the same floppy mirrors. I didn't understand how you fixed the issue. May you explain better? Mine are electric, they close when I close the car. Thank you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
All 407’s have floopy mirrors.
There is no fix.
My first car was a peugeot 407 1.6 HDi 110HP, with this car I drove exactly 450000 km in 12 years and I never had the problems with the mirrors, obviously they were manual!

Back to the floppy mirrors maybe a fix should be insert a screw around the rotation axis as suggested by JollyRoger. Hard to understand how, without worsening the situation.

·
5,087 Posts
All 407’s have floopy mirrors.
There is no fix.
Non of my 3 have had floppy mirrors

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
5,087 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts